Location: home based role (with 2-3 days p/week at northern based head office)
One of Europe’s largest toy companies the business generates in excess of E600m p/a and the UK subsidiary which launched 6 years ago is positioning itself to become a top 10 UK toy company in the foreseeable future. The company manufactures both own label and branded products and has a successful stable of major licensed toy products.
The company is looking to strengthen and grow the Marketing Team with a likeable team player who has energy, enthusiasm, is well organised, able to think and act commercially, can build and sustain relationships, is very computer literate and willing to learn.
The candidate must have experience of launching brands within the toy industry. The desired candidate will have plenty of common sense and demonstrate good attention to detail, taking great care over written work (spelling, grammar, presentation). They will be a confident communicator and have experience in recommending pricing and promotional strategies – this coupled with effective influencing skills will enable them to present agreed plans at all levels.
Desirable Qualities required:
• Knowledge of brand management within a consumer goods industry
• Ideally have experience working within the Toy industry
• Team player and happy to fit into a small Marketing Team and a close-knit company
• Commercial, well organised, positive outlook, enthusiastic, tenacious, flexible, adaptable
• Able to use initiative and be creative (analysis, evaluation, problem solving, strategic
• Extremely PC literate. Advanced Excel skills.
• Able to build and sustain relationships (internal & external)
• Able to influence others and have very strong people skills
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible approach and ability to use initiative
• Help to develop & implement strategies with portfolio of own branded and licensed products
• Work with Head of Marketing and Licensing to develop POS, promotions and PR activities to maximise sales performance
• Supporting Head of Marketing by briefing advertising production and TV planning as well as press campaigns
• Sourcing and maintaining product information on all company reports
• Forward planning range strategies (new lines, carry forward, drops)
• Conducting competitor analysis to support Head of Marketing & Licensing and Sales Director to better position new product launches
• Measuring performance of product lines and marketing campaigns by analysing sales reports
• Create preview presentations and support Head of Marketing and Sales Director in presenting to customers
• Writing product descriptions and marketing copy for customer websites and the company’s trade catalogue
• Exhibition display, planning & implementation
• Attendance at Trade Fairs and exhibitions as required
Please submit your CV on 2 pages to : Rowena@tinderboxconsultants.co.uk
T | 01590 674212 M | 07970 383641