MI PR Global is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications expert for the role of PR account manager due to recent expansion. The role will report into the director of public relations.
The role requires an intelligent, self-motivated and creative PR professional with experience across consumer communications, preferably in the field of toys, games, nursery and character licensing.
Excellent writing skills and attention to detail are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate campaign plans with particular emphasis on consumer engagement.
• Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Ownership of client reports and results monitoring
• Day to day account management working closely with the director of PR.
• Supporting junior account executives across key accounts
• Taking ownership of pitch proposals and campaign management
• Draft, amend and distribute trade and consumer press releases and sell-in feature ideas to print, online and broadcast media
• Work across multiple clients as part of a team, and often to tight deadlines
• Lead client meetings when required, take meeting notes or approve them if written by a junior team member.
• Plan and oversee social media activity to support the account director
• Draft and finalise social media calendars working as appropriate with other team members
• Update clients on a weekly/fortnightly basis by e-mail
• Support and advise junior members of the team, working alongside them to execute the PR plan and deliver results
• Amend corporate material on behalf of clients (including e-newsletters and brochures)
• Manage clients on a day-to-day basis and be the daily contact as appropriate
• Support clients at trade shows, events and attend media briefings
• Maintain media databases and supervise executives on the creation and maintenance of them
• Attending off site client meetings and media events as required
• Committed to continuing to grow and develop your PR skillset and knowledge of the communications industry and client sectors
• Offer support to the company directors as appropriate
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Marketing or PR qualifications an advantage
• A minimum of 3 years in an agency/in-house communications role
• Experience across toys, games or related industries
• Previous awareness and expertise in corporate responsibility preferred
• Exhibits excellent commercial awareness
• Demonstrative knowledge of digital marketing and social media management
• Confident presentation skills
• Has relentlessly exacting standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
• Is action and results oriented
• Inspires passion in others
• Enjoys working in a small team
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Full driving licence
The role is office based (with some UK travel) at the MI PR Global Head Office in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. Please apply with C.V and salary expectations to email@example.com NO AGENCIES. Closing date 9th June 2017.