As an industry leader, Mattel UK prides itself on being led by its people in the dynamic fast moving consumer goods industry. We look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen.
Supporting the Mattel vision, we have 165 dedicated employees based at our UK head office in Maidenhead Berkshire: “Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood”.
We strive to create an environment that fosters creativity and talent enabling our people to bring to market some of the most popular and well-known brands in the toy industry. Our people are the driving force behind our brands, and much like our brands, our people need development and growth opportunities. We believe that as our employees grow professionally, so will Mattel. Our comprehensive people development program addresses training, professional development, reward and promotion. Fresh ideas and insight drive our business. With a passion for play, a desire to grow, fairly and together; we deliver Big Brands and Big Opportunities.
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Reports to: VP & Country Manager
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
To define, plan and agree account objectives and strategies in line with Company direction and targets ensuring that all accounts within a given sector support Mattel brands. To develop plans that maximise all Sales opportunities, profitably, and in line with the Company over all goals and objectives. Continue development of Account Managers and support team.
Key Results Areas:
• Develop channel and account objectives and strategies that are in line with company targets and goals.
• Plans are developed and implemented to ensure that quarterly and yearly targets are achieved.
• Ensure through the National Account Managers that each account is trading at its optimum level and is profitable to the company.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
• Ensure all accounts in sector support all relevant Mattel branded products through listings and distribution and that sales are fully maximised using strategic buisness planning
• Ensure quarterly shipping targets are achieved.-Domestic and DI
• Negotiation of annual Trading Terms that are performance based.
• Planning and management of promotional activity and budget to generate a profitable return for Mattel and customer.
• Ensuring all account co-op budgets and expenditure are spent effectively and kept within budget
• Personal and team development through effective coaching and use of the appraisal system.
• Liaison with all internal department to ensure the effective running of each account.
• Attend relevant trade fairs to present new ranges
• Continuous update to both team and Senior Management of how the channel is trading highlighting key issues.
Internal Working Relationships:
• All departments with Mattel UK and other Mattel subsidiaries
External Working Relationships:
• Multi-level relationships with accounts across all function areas – buying/online/stock control/warehouse/marketing/licensing and Senior Management. Third Party agencies as and when applicable.
– PC Literate: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
– Business Planning
– Data Analysis
– Development of Business Plans
– Financial Awareness: Budget Control
– Analytical Skills
– Problem Solving
– Creative Thinking
– Negotiation Skills
– Business Planning
– Strong inter-personal skills
– Good presentation skills
– Effective communication; Verbal, Written
– Challenging approach
– Demonstrate leadership
– Positive attitude
– Adaptability to given situations
– Self motivation/motivational
– Enthusiastic approach
– High level of commitment
• Minimum degree level of education
• Proven record at a Senior Sales level covering man-management / account development with strong inter-personal skills and an understanding of marketing techniques.
Performance Criteria (Key Performance Indicators):
• Achievement of Qtr targets
• Mattel key brands listed
• Business plans by account
• Self and team development
• Budget control
• Accurate channel forecasts
• Strong internal and external relationships
• Profitable account growth
• Active in all internal and external meetings
This is a great opportunity to join us at Mattel, we provide all the autonomy, support and tools you will need to make a significant contribution to our ongoing success and your career. In return we offer a competitive salary and bonus/benefits package.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter including current salary details via email to Emma Hudson, HR Generalist – email@example.com