The event will also increase the number of product categories.
Kind + Jugend 2017 is expanding the exhibition area by hall 4.1 of Koelnmesse. Up to now, the leading international trade fair for children and toddler outfitting has utilised an area of around 100,000 m² distributed over five hall levels. In 2017 this will grow to 110,000 m².
In addition to this, Kind + Jugend will focus on the themes of high quality design and decoration in the children’s room, and expand the Design Park into an independent product segment.
The offer segment for the digital children’s room will also be expanded. For example, “The Connected Kidsroom – The intelligent children’s room” special area will celebrate its premiere at Kind + Jugend 2017, with the aim of bundling the themes of “digitalisation, digital aids and smart products” at one central location. The area should provide exhibitors with additional space to present their digital and smart product portfolio to the industry.
An overview of the key exhibition segments of Kind + Jugend 2017
• Hall 4.1: Prams and accessories, vehicle safety,
national pavilions (UK, ESP, F), Consumer Award
• Hall 10.1: Children’s home textiles, playing, learning, reading, children’s needs from 6 – 12 years, trend forum / Innovation Award
• Hall 10.2: Prams and accessories, vehicle safety
• Hall 11.1: Baby at home/living (children’s furniture), Kids Design Award, Design Park, Young Innovative Companies
• Hall 11.2: Health & care – Eating & drinking, safety indoors and outdoors
• Hall 11.3: Prams and accessories, vehicle safety, fashion for mother and child, Innovation Area
The complete hall plan can be downloaded here.