Area sales manager – North East
Type: Permanent Role
Location: North East England Corridor, including parts of East Midlands.
Date: 17th November 2014
Closing date for
applications: 31st December 2014
We are looking for an experienced area sales manager to join our growing team, working with iconic toy, baby and gift brands such as Paddington Bear, Peter Rabbit, Miffy, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Peppa Pig Nursery, The Snowman, Elmer, Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep.
Our sales team is expanding, and you will play a major role in ensuring we continue to deliver growth with our exciting plans.
• To service and develop independent and small/medium multiple retailers
– Presentation of new products and ranges as customer call cycle require
– Management of existing products in store, including identification of slow moving lines and management of such
– Establishment of call cycle for each account
– Presentation and implementation of any promotions
– Order taking and upselling
– Merchandising if required
– Establishing a strong and trusting working relationship with the customer
– Establishing customer needs and requirements and communication of those to all departments internally
• Identify and approach new prospects on territory
• Attend trade shows as required (currently Toyfair, Olympia, Spring Fair, NEC, Nursery Fair, Harrogate, AIS Show, Birmingham, Toymaster, Harrogate and Home and Gift Harrogate).
• Attend internal sales communications meetings and full Company briefings as required.
• Working with Customer Services and the back office team in Gosport, Hampshire to effectively support customers
• Experience in selling to independent and small/medium multiple retailers across toys, garden centres, visitor attractions, department stores, nursery stores, card shops and general gift shops
• Preferred experience in selling children’s products or licensed products
• Effective communication skills via face to face, telephone and email
• Ability to analyse sales and territory
• Ability to produce sales reports
• Able to build relationships with buyers and internal staff
• Interested and engaged with the market that Rainbow Designs operate within
• Computer literate with skills in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good negotiator
• Self-motivated and willing to put in the discretionary effort to deliver great results
• Able to travel to head office in Gosport and other locations on a regular basis and stay over when necessary
• Full clean driving licence
• Team player
For a full job description and to apply, please contact Zara Grindrod, Director of Sales: