The programme offers an in-depth introduction into the world of licensing and unique access to some of the industry’s most important players.
2020 marks the 10th year of the programme, which has seen over 300 industry professionals take part since its launch in 2011. There were a record-breaking 80 participants in 2019, an increase of 48% over the 2018 edition.
Anna Knight, vice president, Global Licensing Group, commented: “The Retailing Mentoring Programme offers an in-depth introduction into the world of licensing and unique access to some of the industry’s most important players. The wealth of expertise and insight on offer to buyers, creatives and managers is immense. That we’ve seen so many people across a range of sectors participate in the programme demonstrates its value and scope, with the 2020 edition set to be the best yet.”
An opportunity for retailers to learn about the benefits and fundamentals of licensing, BLE’s Retail Mentoring Programme is a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited course offering insight into the licensing industry to help retail teams gain a competitive edge when identifying new brand partners and negotiating licensing deals.
The Retail Mentoring Programme runs from the spring until Brand Licensing Europe and is delivered through workshops, seminars and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions. Valued at £499, the programme is offered free to qualifying retailers. In addition to the course, participants will also receive:
- A place at the Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling in May, organised in conjunction with Licensing International
- An invitation to judge the Licensing Awards
- A place at the Retail Mentoring Programme’s closing Licensing for Retail conference
- Access to exclusive retail content at BLE, including the retail trends lounge, where they can meet over 260 leading brand owners and agents across fashion, entertainment, art, sports, corporate brands, gaming, heritage and more
Those taking part will also receive a day with a licensor to help them understand licensing from the brand-owner side, as well as receiving tips on how to work effectively with some of the world’s best-known properties and agents. Previous hosts have included eOne, NBCUniversal, Natural History Museum, Penguin, The Point.1888, and Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products.
Retailers can apply to take part in the programme online here. BLE welcomes applications from:
- Buyers, designers, merchandisers and marketers with existing licensing programmes
- Buyers, designers, merchandisers and marketers engaged in licensing but want further development
- Teams who would like to learn how to develop their licensing relationships
- Teams looking for cross-category opportunities
- Individuals new to retail and hoping to develop their career and expertise within licensing.