Both retailers and exhibitors are invited to visit the UKTI International Business Zone in Hall 2 G41 to find out first-hand what markets are most receptive to their business and how to start exporting.
The partnership between UKTI and Autumn Fair is part of a wider collaboration that has already seen UKTI offer a similar service at other i2i Events, including Spring Fair International and Pure London. The UKTI stand at Autumn Fair will also host a range of seminars from UK businesses already exporting and UKTI representatives with updates on key overseas markets.
On Sunday September 7th from 11.00-11.30am, companies can learn what they need to know about exporting to Australia in a presentation given by the Trade Development manager for UKTI, Joanna Olivera. This seminar will include an outline of the Australian retail, gift, home and ecommerce markets, along with the challenges, opportunities and routes to that market.
The session on Monday September 8th (also 11.00-11.30am) will provide an ecommerce case study from Sarah Carroll, Export Communications consultant for UK Trade & Investment. At the same time on Tuesday visitors can discover new insights into the German giftware market with UKTI trade advisor Baerbel Moeller, and Wednesday will bring further absorbing topics for companies keen to expand into overseas markets.
Other case studies at the UKTI seminar theatre will include:
- Seascape Island Apothecary director Stuart Mactavish looks at how exports have helped to generate 20% of the company’s total revenue
- Suresh Jain, director of Woven Magic will explore the bigger picture of globalisation
- Blue Eyed Sun founder Jeremy Corner will look at overcoming the challenges of globalisation
- Peter Lockey, director of The Puppet Company, will offer advice and insight into employing effective overseas agents
- Gary Schaffer, MD of United Oddsocks, will describe his company’s journey from the UK to overseas markets via a network of distributors
- The director of Dalit Goods Julia Hawthorne will advise on building up an effective supply chain for export business
- Marina Bolin, director of Bolin & Webb, will look at bringing an idea to successful fruition
- Mike Briggs, director of International Sales at Suki Gifts, will offer insights into achieving greater success via the export business
For more information and to find out more about the various seminars on offer at Autumn Fair International 2014 visit the website: www.autumnfair.com.