With all UK schools officially closing as of today, many are purchasing games and toys to keep younger ones entertained for the duration.
With self-isolation and working from home advised for millions across the UK, Bargain Max has seen a surge in demand, particularly for board games.
New data shows consumers are on the hunt for board games to keep them entertained during self-isolation – Bargain Max has seen YoY board game traffic to be up 162%, with sales also up a huge 62% for board games. Traffic to board games on Tuesday 17th March was also up by 234% YoY.
Based on Bargain Max’s data from the last seven days, the top five most popular selling board games right now are:
4. Logo (Best of TV & Movies)
5. Logo (Best of British)
Bargain Max also revealed its top 10 most popular toys overall, based on data from the last week:
1. Barbie Dreamcamper Playset
2. Nerf Nstrike Longstrike Blaster
3. My Little Pony Magic of Everypony Collection
4. Paint-Station 5 Colour Pods Paint Set
5. Barbie Dreamtopia Sparkle Lights Mermaid Doll
6. Hot Wheels Car And Mega Track Pack
7. Luvabella Blonde Hair Interactive Doll
8. Scrawl Game
9. Fisher Price Colourful Carnival Baby Bouncer
10. Crayola DreamWorks Trolls Colour & Sticker Book
A spokesperson at Bargain Max commented: “We have seen a sharp rise in the sales of board games, especially since March 13th where demand has rocketed, reflecting the demand of the public looking for home entertainment whilst self-isolating. Whilst we do not know how long this ongoing tricky situation will last, we are pleased to be able to provide a variety of options for those looking for entertainment at home. From today, all orders made online will be free of all delivery charges, which we hope will help families keep both costs down and children entertained.”