The Licensing U programme will be available online from 29th August and features both pre-show and at-show content.
Industry trade association Licensing International and Brand Licensing Europe (BLE) have revealed further details for this year’s Licensing U programme, which will be available online from Monday 29th August.
The reimagined 2022 programme features both pre-show and at-show content to educate anyone new to licensing with everything they need to know about the $315b licensing industry.
Complementing the pre-show content, Licensing U delegates will also benefit from orientation sessions and show tours at BLE, which takes place at ExCeL London from 20th to 22nd September. They will also receive concierge support for booking meetings ahead of the event; and in-person speed networking and mentoring with industry experts and key players in licensing. View the online agenda for timings and locations here.
Six pre-show online sessions (each supported with complementary downloadable materials) go live in the BLE Event Platform on Monday 29th August, allowing those new to licensing who have purchased a pass to improve their understanding ahead of the event:
- Licensing 101: The Basics of Licensing with Susan Bolsover, founder & managing director, Lightbulb Licensing
- The Legal & Financials of Licensing: What you Need to Know with Esther Jolley, IA director – Brand Extension at Stobbs
- Style Guides: How to Present your Brand to the Market with Sarah Swindell, MD & owner and Gemma Aveling, studio manager, Watermelon Creative
- Trend Forecasting with Sophie Bloomfield, founder & CEO, SBC
- A Global Market Overview with Steve Manners, head of Global Marketing & UK managing director from Licensing International
- Top Tips for a Successful Visit to BLE. Licensing U delegates will also receive access to Concierge Matchmaking for BLE to help them pre-book meetings with key exhibitors. Anna Knight, SVP Licensing at Informa Markets, will explain more.
Maura Regan, president of Licensing International, said: “This programme will provide professionals at the beginning of their licensing journey with all of the information and tools they need as they prepare for BLE, ensuring they can be as successful as possible at the event. The in-person offerings will build on that knowledge, creating opportunities to put those new skills into action through extended networking and mentoring opportunities.”
Anna Knight said: “Having access to really valuable information, advice, and tools about how licensing works before attending meetings at BLE will be hugely beneficial to the many new faces in both the industry and at the show. We’re delighted to partner with Licensing International, who have drawn from their extensive expertise to curate an inclusive and practical programme for Licensing U this year.”
The early bird price of £245 ends on Friday 2nd September and organisers are urging people to book now to avoid disappointment as only 250 in-person passes are available. Standard rate will increase to £350 after early bird.
BLE is the leading European event for licensing and brand extension and visitors can register for free online.