Fronted by celebrity mum Stacey Solomon, the Cartoon Network campaign invites kids across the UK to help build a giant Alien (Bloxx) out of plastic bricks and break a Guinness World Record for the number of participants.
Bloxx is one of 10 new featured aliens in the next instalment of the smash hit TV series and will feature in the brand new Ben 10: Omniverse toy line being launched by Bandai in August.
The Alien World Record challenge runs through the summer holidays (August–September) visiting nine busy UK shopping centres. The tour kicked off in Glasgow on 4th August, where the first bricks were added by local families. The alien will then tour the additional eight locations getting bigger and bigger along the way. The final sculpture will be taller than a double decker bus.
At each event there will also be a cool 3D floor graphic for capturing pictures. A Cartoon Network film crew with live presenters will be at each location, and kids may get the opportunity to be on TV. Each participant will receive a wrist band with a number which can be entered at www.ben10record.co.uk for a chance to win some amazing prizes.
Graham Saltmarsh, licensing director at Turner CN Enterprises UK, said: “The ambition and scale of the initiative is indicative of our unwavering commitment to the consistently performing hit boys’ action franchise. It’s a fun and appealing way to generate excitement for Ben 10: Omniverse that can be sustained over the summer and support our retail partners.”
The Alien World Record Experience will be visiting the following locations throughout the summer:
- Saturday 4th August – St Enoch shopping centre, Glasgow.
- Saturday 11th August – Meadowhall shopping centre, Sheffield.
- Saturday 18th August – Victoria shopping centre, Nottingham.
- Saturday 25th August – Arndale shopping centre, Manchester.
- Saturday 1st September – MK: Centre, Milton Keynes.
- Saturday 8th September – The Bullring shopping centre, Birmingham.
- Saturday 15th September – Metro shopping centre, Newcastle.
- Saturday 22nd September – Cabot Circus shopping centre, Bristol.
- Saturday 29th September – Bluewater shopping centre, Kent.