• Solid performance from own-developed brands despite challenges in the marketplace
• Revenue £44.25 million (2011: £58.10m)
• Profit before tax £5.57 million (2011: £6.64m)
• Earnings per share 19.34p (2011: 20.28p)
• Dividend increased 10% to 3.3p (2011: 3.00p)
• A number of exciting new lines being released for the autumn
“Around 60% of Group sales derive from own-developed and branded products and this has helped
Character to maintain its position as one of the UK’s leading toy companies,” said executive chairman, Richard King.
“The Group’s key brands have generally held up well when compared to the market as a whole, with the first of this season’s introductions, Deadly 60, getting off to a flying start at retail.
“We are very proud of and excited by our new product introductions for this calendar year.
“There is no disguising the fact that the retail trade is, with few exceptions, finding it difficult to work its way through the current trading climate. Character’s sales for this financial year will be more dependent than ever before on the timing of the order intake from our major customers in July and August. We believe, however, that our sales for the calendar year as a whole will benefit from the exciting new range introductions and, together with the continued solid sales of our existing brands should provide the Group with a very satisfactory result both for this Christmas and the next financial year.”