Gibsons managing director, Kate Gibson, has been shortlisted for the employer of the year in the 2019 Women Mean Business awards.
According to the judges, they were impressed by the exceptional quality of applicants and the high standard of entries. Kate Gibson, alongside other shortlisted applicants, will now go forward to the next stage which is a 20-minute interview with the independent judges at Carshalton College on Wednesday, 17th July.
Kate has been shortlisted for the employer of the year award and for this category the judges are looking for the following attributes:
– A highly visible strategic approach towards employee investment, engagement and welfare, which supports women to achieve their full potential.
– A planned programme of employee engagement and two-way communication; and the opportunity for employees to have their say.
– A comprehensive training and development programme, including performance planning and management.
– Best practice in employee welfare, equal opportunities, flexible working arrangements, health, safety, security and well-being.
– Evidence to show the commercial benefits of the company’s ethos; including productivity, recruitment and employee retention.
– Strong leadership in taking initiatives forward.
The winners of all the categories, along with the overall businesswoman of the year, will be exclusively revealed at an awards ceremony in September this year.