The specialist toy retailer says “imperfectionism” is beginning to emerge as a trend.
Hamleys has released its official list of the top 12 toys it predicts will be Christmas best-sellers, stating that while tech, playground collectibles and film-related toys continue to be popular, there are signs that “imperfectionism” is beginning to emerge as a trend as children “attempt to resist the pressures of idealised perfection so often seen on social media”.
Victoria Kay, head buyer at Hamleys, commented: “We have cute; we have cuddly; we have fun; we have education, but this year in some of our toy categories we are also seeing an antidote to the highly polished perfectionism portrayed in many social media channels. Importantly, these toys are being delivered with character, fun and cheekiness at their heart and we love them. It makes for a wonderfully diverse and interesting range this year – for kids and kidults alike.”
In no particular order, here is the list of Hamley’s top 12 Christmas toys:
- Crate Creatures – MGA Entertainment
- Boxer Robot – Spin Master
- Hamleys Exclusive Monopoly and Monopoly Cheaters Edition – Hasbro
- L.O.L. Surprise! Eye Spy Under Wraps Doll Assortment – MGA Entertainment
- Hairdorables Assortment – Just Play/Flair
- Ty Sequin Flippables – Ty
- Elasti Plasti – Character Options
- GraviTrax Starter Pack – Ravensburger
- Nerf Laser Ops Pro Alphapoint 2 Pack – Hasbro
- Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Express – Lego
- Hamleys Peppa Castle and Royal Guard Plush
- Hamleys Cuddly Paddington