The report from Hasbro showcases significant achievements and progress driving sustainable change at the company.
Hasbro has announced the launch of Playing with Purpose, the company’s latest environmental, social and governance (ESG) Progress Report that provides a comprehensive look at its ESG strategy across four key areas of impact: Planet, Play, People and Principles. The report includes Hasbro’s significant advancements against its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) goals across its workforce, operations, brands and entertainment experiences.
Hasbro is taking critical action to use its business as a force for good and help improve the outlook for the planet by inspiring a more inclusive, sustainable and connected world. Guided by the company’s Purpose of creating joy and community for all people around the world, one game, one toy, one story at a time, Hasbro’s ESG efforts drive scalable impact and bring value to the company’s employees, investors, partners and fans of all ages around the globe.
“We believe we have a responsibility to leverage the power of our iconic brands to leave the world a better place than we found it,” said Chris Cocks, chief executive officer, Hasbro. “As we fulfill our mission to entertain and connect generations of fans through the wonder of storytelling and the exhilaration of play, we are taking purposeful steps to make progress against key ESG issues relevant to our business and our stakeholders.”
As the company executes its Blueprint 2.0 strategy to bring its brands to life in engaging new ways, ESG and purpose remain integral to Hasbro’s long-term success.
“At Hasbro, we’re committed to operating our business responsibly and sustainably and are grateful to our passionate team members who make our ESG progress possible,” said Kathrin Belliveau, EVP & Chief Purpose officer, Hasbro. “Together, we’re not only entertaining and connecting fans – we’re on a journey to bring joy and build community around the world.”
Key highlights across Hasbro’s focus areas include:
- New Climate Action Plan framework that outlines exciting work under way to set carbon reduction and net zero goals and a climate risk and resilience plan.
- Global Hasbro Toy Recycling Program for consumers and fans to recycle their well-loved toys and games free-of-charge, currently in 12 countries.
- Philanthropy and Social Impact programme, which positively impacted the lives of six million children and young adults in 2021.
- Industry-leading global volunteerism programme where 92% of Hasbro’s global employees participated in virtual and in-person volunteer projects in 2021, more than five times the corporate average.
- Progress on DE&I 2025 goals to grow women in leadership roles globally across all business areas, and to grow racially and ethnically diverse employee representation in the company’s US workforce.
- A culture focused on learning and talent development.
- Updates to the Ethical Sourcing programme to promote a fair and equitable supply chain and steps to address emerging opportunities.
- A worker well-being programme, offering training and support in healthcare, financial literacy and family engagement for workers across parts of the supply chain.
To learn more, read Hasbro’s full ESG Progress Report here.