The event, taking place on 10th October, World Mental Health Day, will raise awareness of mental health issues and how hobbies can help those affected.
Hornby has announced a new event created in support of World Mental Health Day.
Taking place on Sunday 10th October, the live YouTube event will include interviews, how tos, discussions, stories and more, all of which will show viewers how modelling and hobbies can help those struggling with their mental health. Hosted by Mike from Hornby’s Signal Box, Mind the Gap will run from 10am – 6pm and will included a mix of live and pre-recorded content from partners, collaborators and in-house brands.
In a statement, the company said: “We already have a great platform and an amazing community, and we believe this will be a chance for us to raise awareness for an extremely important cause.”
Hornby is encouraging others to get involved in Mind the Gap too. Suggestions for ways to take part include:
- Creating exclusive pre-recorded content for the event to be included in your own segment within the schedule
- Film a pre-recorded interview with Hornby’s host to feature within the schedule
- Take part in a live interview during the event
- Record a message encouraging the audience to donate to Hornby’s chosen charity, Mind
- Share a story either on film in words, to be shown or read by the host live during the event
- Co-host alongside Hornby’s host
- Become a partner for the event
- Donate a prize for the raffle
- Share the event with your social media audience
The company also welcomes any suggestions readers might have for other ways to get involved. Questions regarding the event or how to be a part of Mind the Gap’ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Mind The Gap’.