The client is a private European toy manufacturer which has grown rapidly in recent years. Initially the name must remain confidential.
GamePlan is recruiting a commercial director who will be responsible for managing and implementing all commercial strategies for the toy category and all marketing activities in the Italian market. This will include:
- Achieve retail listings for the company’s brands/ranges and increase the weighted distribution in the toy channel to more than 90% for all the company’s brands
- Write annual plans by customer and product with quarterly reviews of performance against plan
- Attend key customer meetings and sales agents’ key customer meetings to present specific launches or products and to review annual plans, accomplishments to date, and revise plans if required
- Analyse and consolidate the final sales plan for each customer to create production plans for each launch and accomplish the sales objectives
- Co-ordinate the launches of the ranges with the advertising and PR agencies responsible, in order to maximise consumer purchases for the marketing investment
- Manage and support the retail, wholesalers and specialised sales agents team in the elaboration and execution of the new product launch plans, and generate sales forecasts by customer and product
- Generate a profitable business, with deep analysis of market trends, market data and customer’s data retail tools
- Analyse market trends to adapt business strategies.
The role will report to the global commercial and marketing director and initially there will be no reports to the commercial director.
Applicants must have/be -
- A profound understanding of the Italian toy market and its retail organisations
- At least five years successful experience as senior sales executive
- Proficiency in researching and analysing market opportunities
- Hardworking and energetic, committed to the success of the company and passionate about the toy business
- Excellent negotiation skills to convince and persuade people internally and externally and to motivate them to obtain the maximum results for the company
- Able to work well under pressure, to use time productively, to effectively multi-task and to adjust quickly to new priorities
- Completely fluent in spoken and written English
Initially the commercial director will work from home. The ideal location is the Milan area but anywhere with good connections to major customers would be suitable.
The Salary and Benefits:
The package will comprise a competitive fixed salary, a bonus, and a company car.
To learn more about this exciting position, contact Andrew Dobbie at the Executive Search Division of Gameplan Europe Ltd by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 1442 870100.