At Golden Bear Toys, we really are Experts in Play.
Playtime has been a key activity in our Telford-based office for over 40 years now and we are proud to have created many amazing toys from some of the most iconic and historic brands such as Teletubbies, Thomas the Tank Engine, Noddy, Bagpuss, and Sooty & Sweep, to name but a few.
Fast forward to 2021 and we are still developing innovative, creative, and super-fun toys for well-known childrens’ TV shows such as Hey Duggee, Bing and In the Night Garden, as well as exciting toys and games to suit all ages – from dancing flamingos to your very own Escape Room in a box.
Golden Bear is a family business in all respects; with its original founders at the helm, it is also where different generations from the same families work alongside one another. Employing over 50 team members, we appreciate incredible staff loyalty – almost half of our team have worked here for 10 years or more. Our team is our best asset and mirrors the quality of our toys.
We are committed to providing a realistic balance between work and life which will enable our team members to manage their ever-busy personal lives with their careers at Golden Bear. We have a flexible working initiative in place which gives our team more flexibility around their start and finish times to accommodate commuting, family life and their social lives.
Golden Bear is an equal opportunities employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing the very best people to build an inclusive, diverse, and talented team. We recognise that every individual’s unique background, experience and ability contributes to our future success.
For further information on all things Golden Bear, please visit www.goldenbeartoys.com.
- £40k+ (depending on experience)
- Full-time and permanent (35 hours per week)
We are excited to be advertising for the role of EMEA Account Manager, reporting into the Head of International Sales. The company has a flexible working culture and therefore a mixture of home and office working is to be expected.
You will be responsible for expanding Golden Bear’s international business within the EMEA region. You will work closely with the Head of International Sales to enter EMEA markets through the promotion of our products to retailer and distribution partners. You will work closely with distributors to manage a distributor network developing and delivering strategic plans targeted at increasing global sales. You will provide distributors with comprehensive training, giving product demonstrations and sales presentations. You will set targets for each distributor specific to their own country or region, and constantly manage the company/distributor relationship.
- Nurture and grow existing relationships with distribution partners globally so they are consistently and efficiently updated regarding new brands, with a view to long term commercial growth
- Work closely with in-house creative and product teams to feedback customer comments to improve product offering
- Use knowledge of marketplace and competitors to develop best possible selling proposition for each key territory
- Collaborate with Head of International Sales to set budget and deliver required profitability for designated region
- Manage budgets for your accounts and update monthly forecasting in line with orders/shipping plans and sell through
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales budgets for designated region
- Analyse and report on how current business is tracking vs the forecast, proactively call out opportunities and risks and next steps
- Identify new business development opportunities in line with company’s growth aspirations
- Work closely with key Licensors to keep them informed of territory plans and manage detail for quarterly updates
- Manage customer pricing in line with margin targets
- Attend major International Trade Fairs, presenting new products to all markets
- Source and build relationships with new partners and key retailers
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure knowledge of all marketing activities and promotions for Golden Bear products
- Adherence to, and completion of necessary company training though our e-learning platform
- It is essential you have knowledge and experience of working in International markets, with particular focus on Europe
- It is essential you have previous experience of working a distribution model
- You have a passion for industry and product with an appetite for excellence, and the drive/determination to consistently deliver against KPIs
- A toy background would be advantageous but is not essential
- You will possess a clear understanding of marketplace dynamics – competitors, pricing and products
- You keep up to date on competitor information and global market trends, identifying business opportunities
- You will have an ability to analyse data and recognise patterns. You are comfortable making rational judgements from the information and analysis available
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude with track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Prepared to travel Internationally e.g. trade shows
- You will be an excellent communicator with honest, positive and friendly approach
- You are able to express opinions, information and key points clearly and respectfully, taking care to manage your impression on others
- You will role model our company values and use them to guide personal behaviours, helping to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the company’s founding principles
- You establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues, relating well to people of all seniority. Your approach towards colleagues is collaborative – a one team mentality
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to accurately read your audience
- Good computer skills on PC
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it is time to get your application started. Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.