Founded in Everett, US, Funko is the global purveyor of pop culture consumer products, most well-known for its collectible Pop! Vinyl figures. With over 1,000 licences, Funko has the largest portfolio of categories and items in the pop culture business. Funko’s inimitable designs span: vinyl figures, apparel, plush toys, board and card games, keychains and more. Funko also owns brands including; the innovative Snapsies toy, the Japanese inspired Paka Paka, Wetmore Forest and more. With a world renowned in-house production and creative team, the Funko brand will only grow from here.
The Marketing Category Manager for our Non-Core product lines will be responsible for developing and executing our brand strategy across board games from Funko Games, Funko’s own IP launches, apparel and fashion accessories from our subsidiary, Loungefly.
Our US head office will provide the overarching global brand strategy which will need to be adapted for the EMEA region and localised, primarily in the G5.
This role reports to Head of Marketing and works across the organisation with a variety of commercial and non-commercial teams to help achieve desired business results. The candidate will also work closely with the marketing team PR, Marketing and Social Media Managers.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the US Global brand team in gaining a thorough understanding of the brand guidelines and strategy needing to be localised for the EMEA region
- From those plans, develop and execute brand marketing plans for Funko’s own new and existing brands including Funkoverse, Funko Games, Loungefly, Snapsies, Marvel Battleworld and more
- Be the overall brand guardian for Funko as a whole ensuring consistency and correct application of brand guidelines across all territories, channels and retailers
- Responsible for in depth category and shopper understanding and insights at a micro and macro level
- Analyse category/segment performance using customer, consumer, shopper and macro environment data and sources
- Spearhead Amazon Marketing Service campaigns for non-core products, working with the internal Amazon team
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop the overarching campaign plans and localise content where appropriate dependent on market, being the driver of these with the support of the marketing team
- Brief and manage the creative team to create bespoke POS designs, brand guidelines and imagery
- Collaborate with our in-house social media team to deliver consistent messages across social platforms and drive engagement for the Funko brands
- Conduct appropriate consumer research regarding suitability of each new brand category and viability within the EMEA territories
- Collaborate with our PR Manager to identify key PR opportunities and weave this into the overall brand plans to deliver maximum value
- Be responsible for the overall delivery of the brand across all regions, keeping on top of timelines, inventory/stock allocations and timings
- Work with local agencies (where applicable)
- Work closely with sales managers to attend key customer meetings and produce required resources to support sell in and maximise retail presence for Funko’s brands
- Attend key industry events and work with events manager to launch new properties where appropriate
What you’ll bring
- Proven multi-channel brand marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyse the marketing, draw out insights and make connections to build long term category plans
- High level of commercial acumen and ability to adapt to a changing market
- Experience in launching new properties and brands, ideally with some licensing knowledge
- Experience in developing creative with high attention to detail
- Experience of presenting to key stakeholders
- Experience of building internal and external relationships
- Proven experience with Amazon Marketing Service
- Background in fashion or entertainment brands preferred
- Resilient and able to work independently
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel
- Effective multi-tasker with excellent prioritisation skills; able to create, drive and execute initiatives to tight deadlines
- Impeccable written and spoken English skills and French or German written and spoken skills preferable
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and build relationships
- Passion for pop culture is a plus
- This is a fantastic opportunity within a rapidly expanding business, which is on track for phenomenal growth
- The opportunity to help grow something from a relatively small base within a highly buoyant marketplace
- Excellent promotional opportunities as the business grows
- Outstanding culture, which is fun, dynamic and constantly evolving
What Funko offers
Funko offers competitive salaries and our benefits include 25 days’ annual leave per year (pro rata), pension, discretionary company bonus and a wide variety of discounts (shopping, food & drink, entertainment and health & fitness) through Perkbox.
Funko is an equal opportunity employer. We know that every superhero has a unique origin story and the diversity of these stories enrich what we do. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org