Craft Buddy is one of the UK’s fastest-growing Arts & Craft companies. It designs and produces several product brands which are popular in the Arts, Crafts, Toy and Gift industries, including Crystal Art, Pretty Gets Gritty and Forever Flowers. It exports its products to over 20 countries worldwide, working closely with exclusive distributors in seven territories. Its office and warehouses are based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire; a short drive from North and West London, with access vis the tube line to Chesham station.
In 2019, the company attained its highest levels of turnover and headcount to date, and it has ambitious plans for continued growth in 2020.
Craft Buddy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented and driven marketing manager to join a successful and fast-growing arts, crafts and toy company in a key strategic role. As marketing manager you will be responsible for significantly growing brand awareness of the company’s arts & craft brands, within the arts & craft and toy industries, both in the UK and abroad, to other businesses (B2B) and to consumers (B2C).
The successful candidate will report directly to the company managing directors, and work closely with the trade manager, assistant trade manager and customer experience manager; as well as its external PR agency.
- Marketing strategy: develop and deliver the annual marketing strategy in close collaboration with the executive management team, innovating and offering new ideas and approaches. Ensure all activity is recorded and evaluated accordingly.
- Web marketing: managing and updating the company trade website where required, Analysing reports and statistics in order to shape further marketing decisions.
- Email marketing: responsible for its B2C and B2B email marketing, using Mailchimp.
- Design of marketing materials: design print artworks, digital artworks, magazine ads, catalogues, flyers, promotional banners etc.
- Manage relationship with our PR company. Work closely and strategically in order to achieve brand-building targets.
- E-commerce marketing and administration: manage its e-commerce marketing spend on platforms such as Google Adwords, Google Shopping, Facebook ads, Youtube, Instagram etc. Responsible for its e-commerce website listings (Shopify).
- Social media marketing: involvement in the management of its social media accounts to help drive and grow brand awareness.
- Product development: involvement in consumer product and packaging development.
- Event planning: involvement in trade fairs (current annual programme of six fairs in the UK and abroad), consumer fairs and various in-house events.
- Design of marketing materials such as catalogues, flyers and promotional banners.
- Previous work experience of at least 3+ years in a senior/strategic marketing role.
- Graphic design skills in Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator are desirable, although not essential.
- Excellent copy writing and proofreading skills for the delivery of content across a number of channels.
- Ability to prioritise work, be highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks for a number of stakeholders.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Prior experiencing using e-commerce and emailer platforms – Mailchimp and Shopify is a valuable asset though not essential.
- Industry experience is a valuable asset, though not essential.
- Prior experience in consumer product brand awareness and building.
- Be open to occasional travel for international trade fairs.
- Experience analysing data and statistics in order to make informed marketing decisions.
- Full time, permanent, Monday-Friday, 9am – 5:30pm.
- Start date: Tuesday 14th January 2020 (negotiable).
- 25 days paid annual leave plus public holidays.
- One month notice period to terminate employment.
Salary: £33,000.00 to £35,000.00/year
Experience and Education: Marketing: 3 years – 5 years in a senior marketing role. A Level or equivalent (Preferred)
To apply, please email email@example.com.