At Golden Bear Toys, we really are Experts in Play.
Playtime has been a key activity in our Telford-based office for over 40 years now and we are proud to have created many amazing toys from some of the most iconic and historic brands such as Teletubbies, Thomas the Tank Engine, Noddy, Bagpuss, and Sooty & Sweep, to name but a few.
Fast forward to 2021 and we are still developing innovative, creative, and super-fun toys for well-known childrens’ TV shows such as Hey Duggee, Bing and In the Night Garden, as well as exciting toys and games to suit all ages – from dancing flamingos to your very own Escape Room in a box.
Golden Bear is a family business in all respects; with its original founders at the helm, it is also where different generations from the same families work alongside one another. Employing over 50 team members, we appreciate incredible staff loyalty – almost half of our team have worked here for 10 years or more. Our team is our best asset and mirrors the quality of our toys.
We are committed to providing a realistic balance between work and life which will enable our team members to manage their ever-busy personal lives with their careers at Golden Bear. We have a flexible working initiative in place which gives our team more flexibility around their start and finish times to accommodate commuting, family life and their social lives.
Golden Bear is an equal opportunities employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing the very best people to build an inclusive, diverse, and talented team. We recognise that every individual’s unique background, experience and ability contributes to our future success.
For further information on all things Golden Bear, please visit www.goldenbeartoys.com.
- £40k+ (depending on experience)
- Full-time and permanent (35 hours per week)
We are excited to be advertising for the role of a National Account Manager, reporting into the UK Sales & Marketing Director. The company has a flexible working culture, and therefore a mixture of home and office working is to be expected.
As National Account Manger within our fast-growing toy company, you will be responsible for managing and growing major UK retailers whilst being charged with bringing new ones on board. The account base is varied with accounts across all retail channels, including Amazon, where you will have considerable experience. The company will rely on your expertise in the Online channel, so it is essential that your exposure to Amazon is such that you have a deep understanding of the account, its processes, and procedures, and how to really optimise sales.
The opportunity is significant; however, it needs you to bring to bear your high levels of commercial savvy, and new business skills to absolutely ensure the business plan is achieved.
- Develop relationships to deliver profitable business growth in line with business objectives
- Develop strategies and sales plans, taking responsibility for all new business and providing the highest level of customer service
- Work collaboratively with internal creative, brand and product teams to create and maximise all opportunities across your retail account base
- Manage budgets for your accounts and update monthly forecasting in line with orders/shipping plans and sell through
- Ensure the effective financial management of your accounts
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- To achieve KPIs, including sales targets
- Constantly selling NPD into the account, either through standard product development or when there is a new product release
- Meet up with the account base to discuss current and future trends within the sector
- Report into UK Sales & Marketing Director and showcase account status and where strengths and improvements are
- Adherence to, and completion of necessary company training though our e-learning platform
- You will be an experienced National Account Manager who is looking for a varied sales role as an exciting next step. Toy Buyers would also be welcome to apply for this role
- Fundamentally, it is essential that you know Amazon inside and out – has experience of working with Vendor Central, understand AMS and A+ Content and can also turn your hand to Seller Central also
- You have a highly competitive and driven attitude and will thrive on working under pressure. You will excel in achieving sales targets for revenue, profitability, and sales growth
- High level of organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with the rest of the business are required
- You will be adept at lead generation, running vendor central, presenting face to face, and closing business
- You will have a can-do attitude, the ability to work to tight deadlines and demonstrate an undeniable passion for eCommerce
- Proactive, passionate, keen to learn and above all else a collaborative approach to all tasks with all colleagues – one team
- You will role model our company values and use them to guide personal behaviours, helping to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the company’s founding principles
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate ideas concisely and confidently, with the ability to accurately read your audience
- Possess exceptional IT skills (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it is time to get your application started. Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.