Award-winning toy, consumer and promotional products agency Maxx Marketing has an immediate requirement for a brand-centric Product Manager for its YuMe Toys brand, working out of its London office, located at Great Western Studios, 65 Alfred Road, London W2 5EU. This opportunity offers tremendous potential for advancement, ideal for someone seeking career development.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the annual creation and management of several toy lines produced under one or more entertainment licences. The Product Manager will lead market research, ideation, the shape of lines (in close coordination with licensors and internal creative and operations teams), product development and coordination, and management of distribution partners. The Product Manager will also work independently and in a team environment with the account and creative staff, both local and international, and will be responsible for the management of licensor relationships and related programs, ensuring that client expectations are always met or exceeded. Must have exceptional customer service, project management, and problem-solving skills, along with the confidence to present reports and communicate directly with clients.
- Lead the development of the product positioning and design of new product lines, as it relates to YuMe Toys’ brand strategies and the needs of its customers
- Be the main link and driving force between YuMe Toy’s Operations, Creative, and Sales teams, and our licensors in order to create toys that satisfy all stakeholders and, crucially, final consumers’ needs
- Manage competitive research, ideation, and product design
- Lead cross-functional project teams (creative, sales, marketing, planning, purchasing, and finance) to deliver products on time and within budget
- Support Marketing, Sales, and E-commerce to ensure that all new and current products are being effectively marketed to customers and end-users
- Identify business development and other opportunities
- Secure rights and manage intellectual property for the benefit of the company
- Provide day-to-day licensor coordination to ensure the efficient development necessary to build and maintain the progress of programmes
- Maintain a strategic overview of YuMe licensors and all their IP
- Develop pricing proposals for all new products, sales channels, and review pricing recommendations from sales staff
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring cost, competition, and supply/demand
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions, territories and products/lines
- 5+ years of brand/account/project management experience in the toy industry is a must
- Experience with licensed consumer products a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and client-facing presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel within the UK, Europe and overseas when necessary
- Experience in interfacing with global supply chain management, operations, and Fortune 500 clients
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We will only be responding to those candidates we have an interest in interviewing. Maxx Marketing thanks all others in advance. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.