Wilton Bradley are a well-established, family run, import and distribution company with a wealth of experience in sourcing goods from around the world, and in particular the Far East and China. We are specialists in leisure goods and our various brands cover surf/skate, water sports, outdoor play and toys. We trade in the volume affordable end of the market, but our brands are renowned for cutting edge design, quality and value for money. We have a talented in-house design and development team who are continually creating exciting and innovative material; we see brand and product development as a key to future success. Our customers range from; independent retailers, wholesalers, buying groups and major chain stores and a rapidly expanding network of international distributors.
This role will suit someone who is truly passionate about product quality assurance. We are offering a great opportunity to grow within a modern, forward thinking business with an ambitious growth plan.
The ideal person will have demonstrable experience in toy safety (EN71) with a quality background and used to managing quality remotely. However, training can be given to someone with an open approach to learning and who has the drive and determination to work hard for the business to achieve key objectives.
To ensure Wilton Bradley’s products are carefully designed and manufactured to the highest level of safety and quality; ensuring all products conform with the relevant legislation for their intended market whilst maintaining a supply base that meets the quality and ethical requirements laid out by the company and our customers / licensors.
You will be part of a small technical team working closely with Design, Buying and the key stakeholders of the business.
Planning, organising and follow up with our product team (UK based), our Hong Kong team or key factories, regarding product risk assessments and testing requirements on all new lines and of any product lines with physical, chemical or legislative changes.
Duties will include (but not limited to)
- Risk Assessment Training/demonstrable experience in Product Risk Assessment
- Internal Auditor Training (eg IRCA) preferred
- Demonstrable experience in a stand-alone QA role preferred
- Testing & Inspections knowledge and understanding
- Writing and implementing procedures
- Working to the requirements of Toy Safety Directive and relevant standards, emphasis on EN 71 parts 1, 2 & 3.
- Good knowledge and understanding of REACH requirements and chemical compliance risks
- Demonstrable knowledge of working in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Working with counterparts in other countries including external testing agencies
- Experience of ethical auditing / monitoring systems, eg Amfori BSCI, SMETA, ICTI
- Experience of managing certified QMS such as ISO9001
- Self-motivated, self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to quickly assimilate information / quick-thinking
- Highly organised
- Forward planning/ability to prioritise
- Strong willed but know boundaries
- Commercial Acumen
- Problem solving
- Thinking outside the box/creative thinker
- Tact and diplomacy
- Calm under pressure
- Active listening
How to apply
For more information please contact James Chamberlain, Human Resources Manager, 01626 835400 email email@example.com
8 Wentworth Road, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 6TL