The client is a privately owned toy manufacturer developing its own brands of collectible toy ranges. The main markets are Western and Central Europe and the products are distributed in many other countries worldwide. The company has expanded rapidly and is now looking for a Toy Designer to joins its team.
The Toy Designer will be responsible for the whole development process from initial ideas to concepts, to production ready prototypes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Market research to identify new trends, technical solutions, assembling systems, packaging options, etc.
- Active involvement during brain storming sessions for new ideas, play experiences and functions
- Creation of necessary sketches to visually explain concepts and ideas
- Creation of necessary prototypes to validate designs and play experiences
- Creation of final 3D designs
- Creation of all the necessary documentation to brief the engineering team so they can develop the final prototypes and tooling
- Following the process of prototype making with the engineering team and model makers to make sure they deliver high quality prototypes
- Creation of the all the final renders and product images to be used in the packaging of the product
The toy designer will report to the creative director and to a project manager. There will be no people reporting to the toy designer, but later there may be a designer who will be mentored by the toy designer.
The various teams of the company can work in English, but Spanish or any additional European languages would be an advantage.
Applicants must have a solid background in design and 3D modelling combined with creative and artistic skills, this includes:
- A profound understanding of the Italian toy market and its retail organisations
- At least 5 years successful experience as senior sales executive
- Proficiency in researching and analysing market opportunities
- Hardworking and energetic, committed to the success of the company and passionate about the toy business
- Excellent negotiation skills to convince and persuade people internally and externally and to motivate them to obtain the maximum results for the company
- Able to work well under pressure, to use time productively, to effectively multi-task and to adjust quickly to new priorities
- Completely fluent in spoken and written English
The role will be office based in Barcelona where the company has its headquarters office.
Salary and Benefits:
The package will comprise a competitive fixed salary and a bonus.
To learn more about this exciting position, contact Andrew Dobbie at the Executive Search Division of Gameplan Europe Ltd by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 1442 870100.