Following a record take-up by UK buyers from a cross section of retail in 2018, this year’s application process is now underway.
Delivered through a series of seminars, workshops and 1-2-1 consultancy sessions, the £499 programme is CPD-accredited and delivered free of charge to qualifying retailers, who receive:
• A place at the Licensing Essentials Course and Spring Fling in May, organised by LIMA
• An invitation to judge the Licensing Awards
• A place at the Retail Mentoring Programme’s closing conference
• Access to exclusive retail content at BLE, where they can meet over 260 leading brand owners and agentsacross entertainment, art, sports, corporate brands, gaming, heritage and more
• A full day with a licensor to help them to understand licensing from the brand owner side, as well as receiving tips on how to work effectively with some of the world’s best-known properties and agents.
“By enrolling in our Retail Mentoring Programme, retailers gain a better understanding of what brands are a good fit for them through a range of practical, hands-on events that are designed to immerse them into the world of licensing and really get under its skin. We know how time-poor buyers are, and this programme has been designed to be as productive as possible and deliver maximum return on their time,” commented BLE event director Anna Knight.
Retailers can apply to take part in the programme online here.
BLE welcomes applications from: buyers and designers with existing licensing programmes; buyers and designers engaged in licensing but want further developments; merchandising individuals and teams; teams who would like to learn how to develop their licensing relationships; teams looking for cross-category opportunities; and individuals new to retail, hoping to develop their career and expertise within licensing.
Last year, 54 buyers from 18 retailers completed the programme, receiving full CPD accreditation, an increase of 29 and 20%, respectively. Participating retailers included Toymaster, Asda George, Hamleys, John Lewis, The Entertainer and Tesco.