MGA Entertainment’s L.O.L. Surprise! brand took home the Licensing Programme award for Character/Toy Brand.
Winners in 22 categories of property types and merchandise classifications were announced during LIMA’s annual Awards Ceremony, held during the 2018 Licensing Expo at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas.
LIMA President Charles Riotto, commented: “This was an outstanding year for the LIMA Awards programme. Not only did we receive a record 700 submissions, but 42% of the nominees originated from outside the US. Tonight’s winners truly exemplify the very best of our global industry. They are innovative leaders in their respective categories and across the licensing landscape.”
Winners were selected from a ballot of 132 nominees from 16 countries and determined by vote of the LIMA membership. The LIMA Community Choice Award winner for top overall licensing program/product of 2018 was selected via online ballot across the entire licensing industry.
The 2018 LIMA International Licensing Awards winners include:
• Character/Toy Brand – L.O.L. Surprise!, MGA Entertainment
• Film/Television/Entertainment – Animated – Rick and Morty, Adult Swim & Cartoon Network Enterprises
• Film/Television/Entertainment – Live Action – JoJo Siwa, Nickelodeon
• Licensed Promotion – Masters of the Universe and Dirty Dancing, Mattel and Lionsgate/Born Licensing
• Toys/Games/Novelties/Role-Play: 0 – 12 – Cra-Z-Art, Nickelodeon Slime kits
• Toys/Games/Novelties/Role-Play: 13 plus – Lego Star Wars BB-8, The Lego Group
LIMA Community Choice Award
• Crayola Insta-Dry nail colour collection by Sally Hansen
In addition to the awards presentation, Elias Fasja-Cohen, CEO and founder of Tycoon Enterprises, and Brian Goldner, chairman and CEO of Hasbro were honoured as the latest inductees into the LIMA Licensing Industry Hall of Fame for their lifetime of achievements.