The event, to be held on 22nd May at top London venue, No. 11 Cavendish Square, (The Kings Fund Building), Deans Mews, London, W1G 0AN, will be followed by LIMA’S Question Time-style Legendary Licensing Debate and Spring Fling networking event, sponsored by The Beano.
The day kicks off with an introduction to licensing by Kelvyn Gardner, managing director of LIMA UK, followed by:
- Serena Sibald of Beanstalk on the role of the licensing agent.
- Patrick Bailey of Blues Clothing on successful licensing from a licensee’s perspective.
- Stuart Burns of Fisher Forensics on essential financial know-how.
- Tahir Basheer of Sheridans Solicitors on essential legal know-how.
- Wendy Munt of Be Inspired Consulting on making licensing work in-store for retailers, licensors and licensees.
- Max Templeman of Gfk Research on scope and value of research into consumer products and licensing.
- Gary Pope of Kids Industries on traditional vs. digital play patterns and their effect on licensing.
- Dave Collins of Rizon Studios on why great design is at the heart of successful licensing.
The evening event will start at 5pm with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate – a lively and often provocative discussion – with a panel of industry leaders including Bob the Builder creator Keith Chapman of Chapman Productions, Paul Comben of Game of 2 Halves, Denise Penn of Dependable Solutions, Daniel Amos of Tinderbox and Jeremy Goldsmith of Event Merchandising taking questions from the audience.
The day is rounded off with the Spring Fling networking party sponsored by The Beano. One of the industry’s hottest tickets of the year, the party will be attended by over 150 senior industry executives.
Kelvyn Gardner commented: “In one day participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else. Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts. Do not miss it.”
If you would like to receive our daily newsflash email, please enter your email address in the “sign-up” box at the top of the page; you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook and request a print subscription here.