Results are due to strong performances of new products such as Lego Dimensions and Lego Star Wars.
Jorgen Vig Knudstorp, president and CEO of The Lego Group, commented: “2015 was a fantastic year for us as a company. Across the year we estimate that 100 million children had a Lego experience – be it through playing with great Lego products, in schools via Lego Education materials or by participating in local community activities or receiving product donations driven by the Lego Foundation across the world.”
John Goodwin, executive vice president and chief financial officer at The Lego Group, commented on the financial results: “We have achieved significant growth in sales every year for a decade now, and it is highly satisfactory that we can deliver yet another year of double digit sales growth. I am excited that we have achieved this growth, driven by innovation and global expansion, while maintaining our focus on product quality and safety. Importantly, we are also seeking to balance our short-term growth with our long-term capability development, as investments in production and organisation capacity have continued at pace in 2015 and will continue in the coming period.”
Key 2015 results are as follows:
• Revenue increased by 25% in DKK to DKK 35.8bn against DKK 28.6bn in 2014.
• The year’s operating profit increased to DKK 12.2bn against DKK 9.7bn in 2014 – an increase of 26%.
• Net profit was DKK 9.2bn compared to DKK 7.0bn in 2014 – an increase of 31%.
• More than 90% of waste from production sites was recycled.
• The number of employees in the Lego Group increased from 14,762 at the end of 2014 to 17,294 at the end of 2015.