Following in-house research, Amazon has revealed the toy lines it expects to be in high demand this Christmas.
The online retailer has examined retail trends and predicts that interactive toys, such as Spin Master’s newly launched Owleez and Juno My Baby Elephant, will be popular for the festive period. The popularity of M.G.A.’s L.O.L. Surprise! shows no signs of abating, with two new items – the L.O.L. Surprise. O.M.G Doll and the L.O.L Surpise! Glamper Fashion Camper – both making the trends list. Other key trends include classic board games with a modern twist and sensory play, which is a big focus of toys for pre-school children, represented by Fisher Price’s new Linkimals range.
James French, head of toy buying at Amazon UK commented: “At Amazon, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver everything our customers need for a magical festive season, and the smiles on Christmas morning are undoubtedly the most important. This year, we are spoilt for choice with so many fantastic new toys set to deliver huge smiles come the big day. As our top five forecasted trends show, there is something for every age and budget on the list.”
The Amazon top toy trends for Christmas 2019 are:
- Innovation in Games – Brand new for 2019, Pictionary Air (Mattel) will see pencils and papers retired for a more modern version of drawing, the all-new Bank Attack (John Adams) gives families the chance to work together as a team to pull off the biggest heist of the century, as they crack the vault to release the gold hidden inside.
- Toys Inspired by Cult Family Franchises – The new Wizarding World edition of the UK’s biggest-selling game of 2018, Harry Potter Dobble (Asmodee) will see muggles matching images of Harry Potter and his magical friends, whimsical wands, curious creatures, and more. Amazon.co.uk also anticipates that Frozen-themed toys will be filling many Christmas stockings.
- Unboxing 2.0 – The L.O.L. Surprise. O.M.G Doll (MGA Entertainment) comes with 20 surprises to discover, while the new L.O.L Surpise! Glamper Fashion Camper comes with 55 separate surprises. The Blume Surprise Doll (Skyrocket) lets kids add water to see a new doll will grow before their eyes. The Treasure X Aliens Single Pack (Character Options) will see children searching through slime to recover the secret treasure within the alien.
- Pre-School Sensory Play – Fisher Price’s new Linkimals range (Mattel) which include a sloth, hedgehog, moose, otter and llama, are interactive toys that will introduce babies and toddlers to movement, counting, colour and music.
- Evolution of Electronic Toys – Owleez is a toy owl that kids can nurture and fly around the room, while Juno My Baby Elephant is an adorable baby elephant with an animated trunk that can pick things up, make authentic sounds, and play games (both are from Spin Master), and Boppi The Booty Shakin’ Llama (Zuru/Tobar) loves to dance and move around.