Hasbro’s Furby Connect Assortment, Pie Face and Spin Master’s Hatchimals top the chart.
The NPD Group has unveiled the UK toy market’s 10 best-sellers from 4th to 10th December 2016. Almost 23% of the annual sales will be recorded during the Christmas period. With an average of £105 spent per child, each will receive approximately nine toys.
The top 10 includes a mix of traditional and high tech toys at a broad range of prices from £13 to £124.
The list of the top 10 best-selling toys in the UK was as follows:
1. Furby Connect Assortment, Hasbro
2. Pie Face Game, Hasbro
3. Overdrive Starter Kit App, Anki
4. Pie Face Showdown, Hasbro
5. Hatchimals Pengualas Pink Egg, Spin Master
6. Speak Out, Hasbro
7. Friends Amusement Park Roller Coaster, Lego
8. Paw Patrol Vehicle and Pup, Spin Master
9. Simon Air, Hasbro
10. Trivial Pursuit Family Edition, Hasbro
According to the NPD Group’s retail sales data, sales of toys grew by 5% from January to 10th December, compared to the same period last year. Frederique Tutt, global industry analyst, toys, NPD, commented: “This year, a connected toy is the top-seller two weeks before the big day. While connected toys like Furby account for less than 1% of the UK toy market value, they tend to do well at Christmas as high ticket items, which form main presents for children.”