Founded in Everett, US, Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles. With one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry, Funko holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters. Funko designs, sources and distributes highly collectible products across multiple categories including vinyl figures, action toys, plush, apparel, homewares and accessories.
Funko’s subsidiary, Funko EMEA, formerly Underground Toys, is a provider of award-winning toys and entertainment products under licensed brands that include Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel, DC Comics and Rick & Morty. Funko EMEA’s HQ can be found in brand-new, state-of-the-art offices in Hammersmith whilst its distribution centres are based in Maldon, Essex and mainland Europe. At Funko, we have a diverse and collaborative culture with a propensity for action whilst always striving to have FUN!
We’re seeking an established Business Development Manager to be based in our London office, with substantial experience of working within Poland, other CEE markets, Russia, Greece, Israel and Turkey. Language skills including English, Polish and Russian is a big advantage, as is a proven sales background within the FMCG market (ideally collectibles, gifts and toys).
This role is based in Funko’s office in West London, with regular travel.
The business development manager (territorial regions) is responsible for new business development and management of sales to existing territorial region retailers and distributor accounts within an assigned portfolio. The business development manager (territorial regions) will coordinate marketing efforts, product launches and sales promotions with assigned national retail partners to achieve sales and profit objectives. Working closely with the head of sales operations to deliver the wider global strategic vision.
What You’ll Do
• Manage a portfolio of up to 30 accounts with an individual annual revenue of €50K or greater
• Identify and grow opportunities with clientele and collaborate with head of sales operations to ensure strategic growth attainment plan
• Lead project management for assigned account activity
• Forecasting activity to ensure appropriate inventory levels and recurring monthly revenue achievement
• Create and effectively communicate internal projects to drive revenue for assigned accounts
• Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives of portfolio
• Coordinate with the marketing team on retail level based activities
• Support EMEA events and trade shows as required
• Participate in continued education/training to learn about new and existing product lines and improve sales techniques
• Maintain high customer satisfaction with assigned portfolio
What You’ll Bring
• Proven account management or other relevant experience
• Fluency in spoken & written English is a must and the ideal candidate will also be fluent in Polish, Russian and/or other languages within the CEE countries
• Proven experience in leading and facilitating strategic conversations at C-level
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining attention to details
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Highly organised and efficient time management skills
• Demonstrate consistent professionalism
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Experience with ERP or CRM systems preferred (MS Dynamics NAV)
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to move at an extremely fast pace
• Able to work and influence cross-functionally
• A strong sales professional who has a whole array of relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
• Manages complexity
• Team player ethic
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation, and creative work environment with growth opportunities. It’s a diverse and collaborative culture with a propensity for action which strives to always have fun.
To apply for this role, please click here.