Tomy is a leading global toy manufacturer whose mission is to make the world smile. Tomy offers a wide range of innovative, high-quality toys and nursery products and is committed to unleashing fresh ideas and delivering safe, thoughtfully designed products that bring dreams to life.
Tomy Europe is based in the UK, France and Germany and supplies products to national and specialised retailers across Europe, Middle East and parts of Asia. Tomy currently has an opportunity within its leading consumer good business for a European brand manager reporting to the European marketing manager, who will both develop and support brand strategy for a portfolio of brands across Europe.
• Work with the project manager, design group, packaging, QA and European marketing teams to develop growth plans for a portfolio of brands in order to achieve company’s commercial and strategic objectives. The portfolio to include strategic core brands and new launches.
• Gather consumer and retailer insight and liaise with globally based new product development and marketing teams to provide European insights which inform global strategy and European implementation.
• Develop and implement insight driven annual brand plans in line with the company’s strategy and business objectives, working closely with European teams to develop their markets and proposing brand spending levels. The successful candidate will also be a guardian of brand equity; including positioning, pricing and promotional strategy.
• Deliver high quality and appropriate materials, including compelling brand presentations, POS, mock ups, samples, range plans and pricing for the European sales and marketing teams.
• Work with European resource manager to develop appropriate strategies for your brands and create briefs (TV, commercials, POS, digital assets etc.)
• Monitor brand KPI’s, licensor business plans and provide monthly forecasts. Control A&P, evaluating return on investment and ensuring the achievement of financial targets.
• Ensure effective liaison with IP, legal, quality colleagues and licensors for the approval of brand and marketing activities and materials
Growth and diversity is at the heart of Tomy’s future, so the candidate must feel at home working in a team where two days are never the same. The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a sound understanding of consumer marketing techniques gained from practical experience and proven results in the innovation, development and execution of consumer marketing programmes in the toy, a related children’s industry, or licensed consumer goods.
• Have a business based qualification to degree level or equivalent with a specific marketing or business focus and possess the ability to drive short and long term brand growth and profitability.
• Have experience of developing pricing and profit and loss accounts in order to evaluate effectiveness of plans and programmes
• Be an agile and skilled communicator with a proven track record of building strong personal relationships and cross functional teams, able to influence senior stakeholders and motivate & inspire colleagues. Experience of working closely with European and/or global teams would be ideal.
• Be a proven problem solver with a high degree of numeracy. Razor sharp consumer identification and insight translation, able to write compelling briefs and an effective judge of brand equity and design.
• Be fluent with MS Office applications and market data software.
• Be results driven with the ability to prioritise and demonstrate managerial courage.
If you would like to apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV attached.
Please note: All applications must be received by 26th April.