At Basic Fun, we are creators of fun, experts in play and makers of toys. We are leaders in toy production and distribution with a focus on collectibles, small dolls, retro toys, pre-school, vehicles, youth electronics, science toys and construction.
Our mission is simple. We want to make the world a happier and more playful place. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it. Bringing the joy of play to kids around the world is a serious business, and having fun is a requirement. Whether it’s the final product or the process of making toys, this principal is intertwined into everything we do.
Our Core Fundamentals
• Work Hard
• Dream Big
• Play Nice
• Act Fast
• Have Fun
Basic Fun is on an ambitious global growth strategy encompassing our own development, strong licensing partners and an active acquisition strategy. Basic Fun UK is currently one of the fastest growing toy companies in the UK Market.
Working closely with the VP of the UK, this role is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all UK consumer and trade marketing activities for Basic Fun UK. The role will require working closely with the US based brand teams to ensure US best practices, along with UK localisation requirements, are balanced to meet our overall growth plan.
Relationship management of our key local partners including Licensors and Creative, Media and PR agencies is a core feature of the role. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the right company at the right time and experience the dynamism of our industry.
Key Experience and Skills
The Candidate will ideally have 4-5 year’s experience at a senior marketing level within the toy or related children’s sector, but more importantly will have a desire to excel and achieve in our dynamic industry. A flair for social media communication trends and the ability to translate this to effective campaigns in the toy sector will be a major benefit along with a deep understanding of the consumer in our changing retail environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
Company Vision, Brand strategy Development
• Work with VP UK to develop UK brand strategies to establish the growth vision for the UK business
• Work with US brand teams for best possible UK execution
• Develop a complete marketing communication strategy for the UK encompassing Consumers and Retailers.
• Develop and manage the Media Strategy across all key traditional and non-traditional platforms. Platforms
• Monitoring emerging media communication trends
Trade Marketing for Key Accounts / Channel Management
• Work with the Sales team to develop engaging and robust trade plans
Monitoring the market and key trends
• Identify key opportunities for growth to cover gaps in the market
Management of local Licensing and Agency partners
- Budget Planning & Tracking.
- KPI planning and ROI evaluation of all key marketing activity
- Toy Fair and Trade show planning and implementation
The successful candidate will initially be based from home, with a transition to the office in the Berkshire area.
How to Apply
Send a CV plus any additional information you feel is relevant to Paul Fogarty firstname.lastname@example.org. A more detailed job specification can be provided upon request.