Disney has an opportunity for two experienced Commercial Managers to join its Licensing business working on Disney’s high profile and successful global partnership with Lego.
The two roles will be based in London and will each focus on separate assigned EMEA markets.
Lego is a global partner for Disney with a licence that spans most of its iconic IPs. This role is integral to the ongoing management of its Lego business in EMEA, and will require close liaison with internal stakeholders such as its US counterparts, its regional franchise and marketing teams, local Disney retail teams, as well as regional and local teams of Lego.
The Licensing Sales Manager will be taking its franchise strategies and incorporate these into the Joint Business Planning with Lego, providing a focused approach on key priorities and growth opportunities. The Licensing Sales Manager is accountable for forecasting and performance of Lego Disney business across franchises/markets.
- In conjunction with Senior Licensing Sales Manager, implement the long-term strategy for Lego in collaboration with relevant stakeholders for your assigned geographical markets
- Using key trends as well as commercial and consumer insight, develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally whilst being agile to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing supplier (licensee) objectives and strategies, working with markets, consumer demo groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, product development and finance to drive growth
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning
- Work closely with the creative teams on product development and the marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Communicate the International Labour Standards (ILS) process and be the conduit between the supplier and The Walt Disney Company ILS team as directed
- Execute new business development pitches and develop research projects with a focus on identifying scalable opportunities
- Coordinate and actively contribute in market meetings
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Build relationships with the international Disney Consumer Products Commercialisation team in order to share knowledge and best practice
- Financial acumen – an ability to translate numbers into a working plan
- Ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Forward thinking with the ability to take industry trends and translate them into something that drives growth for Disney
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience in Brand Management, Hardlines, Partnership Management
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation
- Proven strategic ability in a commercial environment
- Extensive experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team
- International travel required
- Ad-hoc project contribution as the business requires
- Changes to contracted hours and/or additional hours may be required to meet business needs.
The closing date for online applications is Sunday 29th September. To visit the Disney Careers website, which details this role in full, click here.