Parenting can be tough, but Skip Hop believes it is easier when you have highly functional products on hand. Its team brings modern design to life, creating innovative essentials for mums, dads and infants all over the world. The brand is a favourite of parents worldwide, sought after for its best-in-class products that feature iconic designs with an emphasis on function, high quality and authenticity. Skip Hop is big enough to be a major player and trend-setter in the marketplace, but small enough for everyone to have serious impact on its business.
Skip Hop is owned by Carter’s, Inc., the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children.
The role and job description
Skip Hop is looking for a marketing manager or marketing executive to be based at its Luton office.
- Develop, manage and communicate rolling strategic marketing plans for both the brand and individual products with the aim of extended the reach of Skip Hop’s brands, whilst providing strong leadership and direction to those around you
- Working closely with the sales team, support the sellout of the brand via its retail partners with online & in-store marketing support
- Produce and implement a regular marketing communications plan to keep Skip Hop front-of-mind with retailers and external partners
- Working closely with the marketing associate to create and execute the social media strategy to increase the awareness of brand
- Full management for the success and delivery of all trade and consumer shows across the UK & Germany to include toy fairs, gift fairs, nursery fairs and consumer shows
- Write exciting creative briefs and request for proposals and interact with internal and external resources for the creation of all marketing assets
- Development, implementation and delivery of sales support materials, including product updates, training materials, marketing strategy updates and new product launches
- Work closely with the global marketing teams based in the US to understand how the global strategy can be translated at local level and ensure all resources are being shared across the different markets
- Build exceptional relationships with Skip Hop retailers’ trade marketing teams, to ensure the best possible collaboration and execution of marketing activity
- Working with external agencies, build a strong communication plan to drive consumer acquisition to the Skip Hop brand
- Be an active member of the product team, working on NPD positioning, price architecture, competitor benchmarking and general product launches whilst maintain excellent product knowledge on the whole product range
- Manage and develop a marketing associate, ensuring that they are motivated and engaged, and working with them to build a strong marketing team
- Full UK & DE marketing budget responsibility
- Full managements of public relations agencies
- Dotted reporting line into US marketing lead
- To maintain a good awareness of market and competitor activities and report as necessary
- Undertake regular store visits to identify best practices and opportunities to extend the reach of Skip Hop brands
Required experience and skills
- Relevant experience in the toy or nursery industry of at least 2 years+, either at supplier or retailer level
- Experience in either brand, digital or product marketing or a combination of all
- Results driven and always looking to exceed expectations
- Ability to manage projects, work with cross-functional teams, motivate team to achieve goal on established timeline, identify risks and communicate clearly and immediately
- Strong organisational skills and acute attention to detail
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Some knowledge of the German marketplace would be an advantage, but not essential
The role is office based so you will need to live in a reasonable proximity to the Hertfordshire or Bedfordshire areas to allow access to the office in Luton (UK) daily.
To apply, click here.