John, a family owned company founded in 1926, initially specialised in the production of play balls and sporting balls as well as a wide range of hoppers, bouncy balls, ride-on animals and various play tents decorated with major licences including Disney, Marvel, Universal, Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig and more. John products can be found at Smyths Toys, Tesco, Morrisons, among other retailers.
This year, John has taken over the premium German toy company Beluga. The Beluga range is an impressive new addition to the John portfolio, and a fantastic opportunity to introduce Beluga to the UK market. Beluga’s offering includes wooden indoor and outdoor toys such as sandpits, swings, blackboards, shops and doll houses, ball runs and instruments. For further product details, click here.
Simm Spielwaren, a family-owned company with a 50+ year heritage, specialises in plastic children’s vehicles in sizes ranging from 5” up to 27.5”, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. All plastic toys are manufactured in an own-subsidiary in the Czech Republic under the brand name Lena. The company aims to set standards for sustainability, safety and quality, controlled by local test labs which comply with EN 71 standards. Furthermore, the portfolio also contains metal toys, spinning tops, drums, music mills as well as arts and crafts products.
John is looking for a seasoned, passionate, and experienced National Account Manager who is ready to represent these strong, high quality German brands.
– National Account Manager, reporting directly into the CEO of John GmbH and Simm Spielwaren GmbH
– Representing and selling the brands to all relevant accounts, covering all channels: toy specialty, retailer, catalogue, discounter, super/hyper markets etc.
– Full support from the German back offices
Skills and Requirements
The ideal candidate will:
– Be an experienced sales representative with convincing track record in developing sales across channels and key accounts
– Have a well established network of retail contacts
– Posses a deeply anchored marketing understanding, business acumen in supply chain/forecasting
– Enjoying mutually beneficial negotiations; supported by the HQ
– Be willing to travel 3-4 days per week
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Andrea John: email@example.com.