Bristol Novelty is an innovative and already very successful organisation. As it continues to grow from strength to strength, it is looking for a Sales Manager to join the team.
You will be responsible for managing its existing customer base to drive customer success in order to increase returning revenue, therefore it is looking for a talented, passionate and commercially minded individual.
Applicants for the position should possess an excellent knowledge of sales principles and display leadership skills in motivating and supervising teams. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills are further key requirements.
You will have an analytical approach to solving problems, strong commercial acumen and strong Account Management experience / understanding.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Able to seek out and secure new business outside of the existing customer base
• Ability to analyse competitor activity and strategy
• Develop strong relationships with new and existing clients
• Offer product support and advice to clients
• Maximise all sales opportunities through research of accounts and upselling techniques
• Deliver clear and concise instructions to appropriate departments
• Maintain constant communication with the management team and other departments
• Identifying market trends. Regularly keeping up to date with the industry in the UK.
• Develop a culture of ‘team working’ to ensure smooth operations, consistency and process improvements where possible.
• Development and growth of new business through key accounts
• Monitor open enquiry levels, ensure enquiries are being closed off correctly
• Deal with customer enquiries and grievances that require escalation
• Support the implementation and monitoring of all company marketing initiatives.
• Support the Internal Sales Team in achieving customer loyalty through delivering excellent customer service, by building and maintaining successful partnerships with colleagues.
• Constantly looking for ways to improve both service and efficiency, advocating the customer internally, and the business externally
• Effectively and efficiently represent the Company at trade shows throughout the UK and overseas
The ideal candidate
This role requires someone who is well organised and flexible, a self-starter who will flourish in a fast-paced environment. It is a role for someone who wants to use their current experience and energy to impact a growing business.
• Sales experience essential, ideally 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Excellent, polite and clear telephone manner. A person that can talk with confidence and enthusiasm about our products when talking to clients. Unflappable demeanour when dealing with potential customers that may not want to talk.
• Preferably some experience of an existing CRM database management system
• Ability to manage and sort databases, calendar appointments and data lists as well as manage and record new leads for review on a bi-monthly basis.
• Experience in the use and design of Mailchimp would be preferential, but not essential.
• Self-motivated, goal orientated, and deadline focussed with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to understand and deliver project goals
• Amazing attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
• Customer relations and focus – Experience in CRM, able to deal with customer enquiries politely, promptly and effectively. Ensure the brand is well represented at all times.
• You will naturally be inquisitive and want to improve sales.
• Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally
• IT Proficient
• A good sense of humour
In return you’ll get to work within an entrepreneurial team, working on some exciting projects.
Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work in the UK.
If you wish to apply, please send a covering letter with salary expectations and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.