Bandai UK is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Namco Bandai Group, a global leader in children and family entertainment-related products and services in a wide range of fields, including toys, amusement facilities, and video game software. Bandai is the master toy licensee of some of today’s most popular children’s properties, including Smooshy Mushy, National Geographic, Miraculous and Thunderbirds, as well as original products including the worldwide phenomenon Tamagotchi. With significant plans in place to drive the business forward in the next three years, the aim is to become a UK top 10 toy company.
As senior brand manager or product manager, you will work closely with the marketing manager and marketing team in executing all consumer and trade marketing activities, including the successful launch of exciting new brands, licenses and products.
• Instrumental in the development and successful execution of all marketing strategies as well as managing the lifecycle of our product portfolio
• Build and manage strong relationships with licensors and other key stakeholders
• Participate in forward business planning, analysis and evaluation of sales info to assess effectiveness of marketing executions and identify new opportunities for growth
• Manage all external agencies on a day-to-day basis ensuring successful delivery on time and on budget
• Understand and interpret consumer and competitor trends and apply this to ensure marketing methods are relevant and best in class
• Assist with the organisation of trade and consumer exhibitions, retailer previews and presentations and sales meetings
• Work with international marketing counterparts to share local market activities and practices globally
The ideal candidate should have over three years product marketing experience, ideally with a background in toys, consumer products or entertainment. The level of role will be aligned to the successful candidate’s experience.
Key Skills and Requirements
• High-energy individual with a passion for toys
• Proven track record in product/brand management with experience of the product lifecycle
• Can demonstrate ability to develop strategic product and marketing plans with proven results
• Experience working with all elements of the marketing mix, including advertising, PR, promotions, digital, pricing
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels as well as being a team player
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong commercial acumen with a solid understanding of the retail environment
• Ability to present with confidence at all levels
• Effectively manage multiple projects and prioritise within key deadlines
• The ability to influence and persuade at all levels
• Strong analytical and numeric skills
• Adaptable and demonstrates flexibility
• A strong working knowledge of PC/MAC and software including MS PowerPoint and Excel are essential.
• Graduate calibre – marketing/business degree preferable
• Some travel necessary
Location: Richmond, Surrey
Salary: Competitive/Negotiable depending on experience + benefits package
If you would like to apply for this role and have the required experience and skill set please send your CV on 2 pages to email@example.com.