An opportunity has arisen for a senior buyer to join our extensive buying team. The successful candidate will be an ambitious and experienced buyer responsible for the planning and execution of sourcing, selection, and trading strategy with our UK and European suppliers, ensuring that we always offer our customers the very latest trends and the greatest value. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, implement the category strategy to maximise sales and improve margins. The credibility to influence at a very senior level in the business is vital. You’ll be able to act as a role model for others in the team, ensuring that we keep one step ahead of trends, competitor activities and consumer demands. A proven track record in delivering and maintaining a distinct point of difference across your category is essential. You must have the experience to review suppliers, introduce new sources and negotiate trading terms. The role will include a degree of overseas travel.
Our office and showrooms are based in Essex and whilst this role doesn’t necessarily require full time office attendance, regular visits will be required throughout the year.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Create and implement a customer driven strategic vision for their ranges in line with the category strategy agreed with the senior stakeholders.
• Deliver the own brand proposition through product design, product briefs, sourcing and negotiation to differentiate us within our market.
• To liaise with the Quality Assurance in setting the quality criteria for own label products ensuring the optimal balance between quality and price is maintained.
• Using knowledge of markets and suppliers and create and implement trading plans to achieve category strategy.
• Manage pricing across category to achieve a competitive position without compromising profitability.
Negotiating & Sourcing
• To liaise with European and global suppliers to identify the most cost-effective supply chain and to support customers with own brand requirements.
• To achieve optimum product cost through effective negotiation with suppliers.
• Sourcing of end of lines and clearance opportunities to complement our own collections.
• Develop strategies to optimise value to the business through supply chain costs, stock values, availability, sales, margins and return on investment.
Stock & Supply
• Monitor market trends, competitor activity, price positioning and stock availability and react appropriately to maximise sales, profitability and market share.
• Play a pivotal role supporting the Buying Directors.
• Regular foreign travel in line with business needs will be required.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Tony Brown on email@example.com.