A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quality Assurance Technologist to be an integral part of the Whitehouse Leisure Group QA team. Working across both Whitehouse Leisure and Posh Paws International you will be working for a leading manufacturer and distributor of licensed and generic toys to both leisure and retail customers. Working with Whitehouse Leisure Group you will work with exciting product from iconic brands including; Disney, Universal, Marvel, Star Wars and lots more.
The successful candidate will be an experienced QA professional with a toy industry background preferred, and have a good understanding of global toy standards and regulations.
You will work closely with the Buying Directors, design and sales teams (particularly international sales), as well as our China office and Far East factories to provide technical guidance and support. Some overseas travel may be required from time to time to ensure the continuing compliance of all products and factories with industry and international standards.
In addition, you will:
• Ensure technical files and testing trackers are effectively maintained and disseminated to all stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain agreed SOP across technical and purchasing.
• Manage and maintain a robust sealing procedure.
• Assist in the approval and sign off of all product labels and artwork.
• Maintain a comprehensive log of all product information, certificates and other documentation from branded domestic suppliers.
• Collate legal documents for the international market.
• Organise and sign off pre-shipment inspections.
• Support internal teams by providing advice on the quality, safety and compliance of toys.
• Communicate with suppliers and retailers in a timely, appropriate and professional manner
• Keep on top of country compliance issues and product compliance, including RAPEX review.
• Evaluate customer feedback, complaints and returns levels.
• A strong knowledge of Worldwide (EMEA + US +Australia) Toy testing methods and requirements and related legislation.
• A proactive problem-solving approach to quality issues.
• Ability to work individually and as part of the wider QA team across different product areas and countries.
• Good understanding of supplier ethical and quality compliance, product legal and safety compliance and quality control methods and techniques.
• Ability to adapt in a fast paced and evolving dynamic company.
• Excellent communication and MS Excel skills.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience. (Performance related bonus available after year 1).
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Tony Brown on email@example.com.