The retailer says Christmas-related online searches are 225% ahead of forecast as excitement for the festive season builds and customers shop early.
Selfridges has revealed its pick of the toys it believes will be topping kids’ letters to Father Christmas this year, with a number of household names making the list. The retailer’s predictions for the best-selling toys include an array of interactive and fun-filled Christmas gifts that will keep little ones entertained over the Christmas period and long after the festivities end.
Selfridge’s picks are as follows:
- Luigi Starter Set (Lego)
- Jiggly Pets Tan Tan the Orangutan (Character Options)
- Little Live Pets Gotta Go Turdle (Character Options)
- Paw Patrol Movie Ultimate City Tower (Spin Master)
- Playtent Grey Star (Kids Concept)
- Micro Scooter Eco Mini Deluxe (Micro)
- Deluxe Interactive JJ Doll (Bandai)
- Barbie Transforming SUV (Mattel)
- Le Toy Van Shop & Café (Le Toy Van)
Two of the toys – the Micro Scooter Eco Mini Deluxe and the Le Toy Van Shop & Café – are highlighted as ‘Project Earth’ toys, reflecting consumers’ ongoing desire for products that are eco-friendly and sustainable. The Micro scooter’s deck is made from discarded fishing nets and is built from entirely replaceable parts that will never end up in landfill, while the wooden shop and café role-play set is made from sustainable rubber wood and non-toxic paints.
In 2020, Selfridges’ top Christmas toys list championed Lego’s Adventures with Mario Starter Set, Character’s Little Live Pets Gotta Go Flamingo, and Spin Master’s Paw Patrol Dino Patroller. Clearly, these sorts of toys haven’t waned in popularity among Selfridges shoppers.