The ToyAwards will be presented at the Opening Show at Spielwarenmesse on 28th January.
The 71st edition of the Spielwarenmesse has a huge offering of new products for visitors. Around 120,000 innovations will be featured at the show from 29th January to 2nd February. The event’s organiser, Spielwarenmesse eG, presents the ToyAwards to exceptional exhibitors every year, celebrating innovative products in four age-specific categories: Baby & Infant (0-3 years), Pre-school (3-6 years), SchoolKids (6-10 years), Teenager & Adults (10 years and older), as well as in the Startup segment (for companies trading for less than 5 years).
This year, 422 exhibitors entered a total of 772 innovations. In the digital preliminary round, the registered products were judged by an expert jury, who then shortlisted the most promising innovations to be judged in the second round. Jury members then nominated three innovations in each of the five ToyAward categories.
The nominees for the ToyAwards 2020 are as follows:
Baby & Infant (0-3 years)
- Baby Walker Whale / Legler (Hall 3/A-30)
- Play & Crawl Hedgehog Mirror / Mattel (Hall 12.2/P-15)
- Playmobil 1.2.3 Aqua / Playmobil (Hall 12.2/P-07)
Pre-school (3-6 years)
- Knight’s Castle Ball Track / Gollnest & Kiesel (Hall 3/A-14)
- MAN TGS Street Sweeper / Bruder Spielwaren (Hall 6/C-31, C-37)
- Mini Chef Bird’s Nest Café / Jet Young International (Hall 3A/D-01)
SchoolKids (6-10 years)
- Balloon Puncher / Silverlit Toys Manufactory (Hall 4A/C-10, D-19)
- Green Science / Science4you (Hall 5/C-23)
- Octopus Party / Trefl (Hall 10.1/F-36)
Teenager & Adults (10 years and older)
- Mystery House: Adventures in a Box / Cranio Creations (Hall 10.1/A-19)
- Proxi – Your micro:bit Coding-Robot / Franckh-Kosmos (Hall 10.0/G-02)
- Uno Braille / Mattel (Hall 12.2/P-15)
- Calculix number bricks / ESM Visions (Hall 3A/B-37)
- Pigcasso / Kade (Hall 12.0/G-03-13)
- Pixio / Trendformer (Hall 4A/C-29)
The ToyAwards will be presented to the winners of each category at the Opening Show at Spielwarenmesse on 28th January. The nominees will be on display at the PressPreview in the morning and at the TrendGallery in Hall 3A for the entire duration of the fair.
The 16-member jury is composed of scientists, international sales agents and market researchers, as well as educationalists, a blogger and a toy safety expert.