Chicago Toy & Game Group opens online voting to consumers, the industry and media.
The Chicago Toy & Game Group has announced the finalists for the 2018 Toy & Game Innovation Awards (TAGIEs). The TAGIEs, now in its 11th year, recognise the best and brightest innovators, designers and marketers in the toy and game industry. Following a public voting period, winners will be revealed Friday 16th November at the TAGIEs ceremony and gala, held annually during Chicago Toy & Game Week (ChiTAG), the night before the start of the ChiTAG’s epic consumer fair at Navy Pier.
Finalists across all categories were selected by their industry peers. The public is now invited to place their votes to determine the 2018 winners. Voting is open online from now until October 31st.
The list of finalists includes the following:
Toy Innovator of the Year
• Bang Zoom – Lil’ Gleemerz by Mattel
• David Fuhrer, Richard Kimbrough, DiscoNifty – Twisty Petz by Spin Master
• Latham Gaines – Power Dough by Canal Toys
• Shoot The Moon – NERF Laser Ops by Hasbro
• Sydney Wiseman – Fingerlings by WowWee
Game Innovator of the Year
• Bang Zoom – Chow Crown from Hasbro
• Don Ullman and Bob Driscoll – Don’t Step In It by Hasbro
• Jeff Foxworthy – Relative Insanity from PlayMonster
• Rob Daviau and Justin D. Jacobson – Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar by Restoration Games
• Seven Towns – Greedy Granny by Goliath Games
Other categories include Young Inventor of the Year, Rising Star Innovator of the Year, Innovative Art and Visuals of the Year, and Innovative Marketing Team of the Year. To see the full list of categories and nominees, click here.
Mary Couzin, founder and chief executive officer, Chicago Toy & Game Group, commented: “The TAGIE Awards recognize individuals and teams from around the world that bring ideas for toys and games to life. This year’s nominees represent a broad cross section of the industry, including heavy hitters and upstarts alike.”