Successes in 2013 include:
- Like-for-like sales in five weeks to December 28 up 6.93% *
- 14 new stores opened, 91 stores in total
- 4 stores fully refurbished
- First franchised store opened in Dubai
- Click and Collect sales were up 93% Year on Year
Plans for 2014 and beyond include:
- A further 12 new stores planned to open in 2014
- Further International growth plans
The Entertainer’s total sales for the five weeks to December 28th 2013 were 11.98% up compared with last year. Like-for-like sales including VAT were up 6.93%.
Gary Grant, founder of The Entertainer, said: “We’re extremely pleased with a solid performance in what has proved to be a challenging Christmas for the toy industry.
“This result was made possible by the hard work and commitment shown by our people across the business; to outperform the wider retail market by such a significant margin is something they should feel very proud of.”
* Like-for-like sales figures refer to stores that have been trading for a minimum of 12 months.
If you would like to receive our daily newsflash email, please enter your email address in the “sign-up” box at the top of the page; you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook and request a print subscription here.