The new additions exceed the one new store per month average achieved by the business in 2011, bringing the total number of openings for 2012 up to 15. The move comes as The Entertainer achieves its sixth consecutive quarter of like-for-like growth.
For the 28 weeks leading to August 11 2012, the company’s total like-for-like sales were up 7.9% in stores and 52.3% online; a total of 12.3% on the same period last year.
Half-year performance highlights:
- Like-for-like sales up 12.3% on the same period last year
- Sales including new stores up 31.7% on the same period last year
- Four new stores open, raising the total number now trading to 69
- Plans for a total of 12 new store openings in 2012 increased to 15
- Total of 150+ new jobs created by the end of the year
- New website due to launch in time for Christmas; new online services will include 30-minute Click and Collect, and 90-minute home delivery
Gary Grant, founder of The Entertainer, said: “Our strong performance has allowed us to announce that we’ll be opening a total of 15 stores this year, three more than our initial target of 12. In addition, three existing branches will be relocated in order to embrace the company’s latest shop design and branding.”