Check out where the trade goes for the latest job opportunities, with several new toy industry roles added in the last few days.
Firstly, Cartamundi is looking for an Account Executive. The ideal applicant will support the Publishing Business Development Team in expanding and developing international and national business activities. This is a permanent role, office based in Dartford, Kent, which will offer the opportunity for flexible working hours, 25 days annual leave, healthcare, learning and development, with a competitive salary. Cartamundi welcomes applications from those who are creative, passionate and driven, and possess big ideas.
To find out more and apply for the Cartamundi Account Executive role, click here.
James Galt requires a Quality Assurance Technologist. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the running of the QA department. Working between the warehouse based in Warrington and the company’s head office, they will ensure the upkeep of the container delivery schedule and overseeing inbound deliveries and stock receipts. The role will also include working closely with the Product Development team to oversee taking new products from idea through finished product design to manufacture, and working with suppliers on all quality matters, instructing them as to their obligations and Galt’s expectations.
To find out more and to apply for the James Galt Quality Assurance Technologist role, click here.
Golden Bear Toys is looking to fill two roles.
The first is a National Account Manager, reporting into the UK Sales & Marketing Director. The company has a flexible working culture, and therefore a mixture of home and office working is to be expected for this full-time and permanent role (35 hours per week).
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and growing major UK retailers whilst bringing new ones on board. Previous exposure to Amazon will mean they have a deep understanding of the account, its processes and procedures, and how to really optimise sales.
An experienced National Account Manager who is looking for a varied sales role as an exciting next step would be ideal for the role, and Toy Buyers are also welcome to apply.
For more on the Golden Bear National Account Manager role, click here.
Golden Bear is also looking to recruit an EMEA Account Manager, reporting into the Head of International Sales. Again, a mixture of home and office working is to be expected.
The role will be responsible for expanding Golden Bear’s international business within the EMEA region, entering markets through the promotion of products to retailer and distribution partners, and delivering strategic plans targeted at increasing global sales.
The company expects candidates to have knowledge and experience of working in international markets, with particular focus on Europe, experience of working a distribution model and a clear understanding of marketplace dynamics – competitors, pricing and products, among other attributes. A toy background would be advantageous but is not essential.
For more on the Golden Bear EMEA Account Manager role, click here.
Our recruitment section also features an assortment of other roles:
- Zuru is looking to fill two roles:
- The first is a Marketing Manager – UK & Ireland. Working closely with the Marketing Director, the successful candidate will produce campaigns for Zuru’s portfolio of brands. Zuru expects 4+ years’ experience as Marketing Manager at an agency or client side and knowledge of UK media markets and/or toy industry. The role can be located in China or UK.
- Zuru is also looking for a Key Account Manager – UK & Ireland. Based at the Leeds office, a Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline would be preferred, plus a minimum five years’ FMCG experience in a similar role (Toy industry preferred). Experience in working with the Far East, as well as understanding the fundamentals of manufacturing and nuances of FOB supply are further skills required.
- John Adams is seeking a National Account Manager. Required to attend offices in Cambridgeshire on two days per week, key requirements for this full-time role include a strong background of selling to major UK retailers, account management experience with key retailers and a track record of identifying and acting upon growth opportunities.
- Steamforged Games is on a major recruitment drive, looking to fill three roles:
- The first is a Product Manager, who will be responsible for the delivery of projects from beginning to end, a key player for the culture and productivity of the whole team.
- An eCommerce Manager is also being sought, to be responsible for managing and reporting on the end-to-end eCommerce site, driving conversion, revenue and profit growth in line with key business objectives, while delivering world class UX and customer service.
- The third is a Trade Marketing Manager. Reporting to the commercial director, the role will be to increase market share, drive sales revenue, volume and gross margin across multiple trade channels and product lines through trade marketing initiatives. A working knowledge of the industry and a good network are a must.
- Funrise is looking for a Marketing Manager. This is a new position being created in the UK operation, based in Milton Keynes where the succesful candidate will be required to work ideally for 2-3 days a week. The role would suit an experienced brand manager or marketing manager with at least 5-7 years in the UK toy, licensing, nursery or similar consumer goods sectors.
- Plum Products invites applications for a Product Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be stepping into a new role which has been created due to the ongoing growth of Plum and liaising with Hong Kong/Far East, US and international teams on a daily basis. (Closing date 16th August 2021).
- Moose Toys is looking for an experienced, passionate and dynamic Brand Manager. The ideal candidate will be based permanently from the company’s Cornwall office, just outside Newquay – anyone wishing to apply from outside Cornwall would need to be willing to travel monthly, or as required.
There are individual links to each role above, or visit the recruitment section here.