Anyone can take part; all competitors need to do is hold a cake sale at work between 13th and 17th April. Funds raised will go towards the work of the Toy Trust and the many children’s charities it is supporting in 2015.
Images of competitors’ bakes will be entered into a competition so a star baker in each of five categories can be found and presented with a coveted toy industry Cup Cake Award.
To be eligible for an award the Toy Trust requires all entrants to submit photos of their bakes – preferably by Twitter but they can be sent them to Matt Jones by email. Individuals and companies can follow @TheToyTrust on Twitter and use the hashtag #toytrustbigbakeoff during the event week to share stories, pictures and fundraising efforts.
2015 categories are as follows:
- Best licence inspired – industry lead licences.
- It’s all about the kids – any children’s party would be proud to have them.
- Here comes summer – summer inspired.
- Chocolate heaven – white, dark and milk chocolate creations.
- Best of British – whether flavours or style these represent all that’s great about the British Isles.
Everyone can be involved and inter-company competition is encouraged. For more information email Matt@btha.co.uk or download a Cake Bake poster here.