Toy companies well represented in 2019 awards.
Warner Bros Consumer Products has enjoyed another strong year in the UK, growing its business by double digits for the third year in a row. The next few years are set to see that trend continue: a strong slate of movies including Scooby Doo will bolster the portfolio in 2020, while Warner will also take over licensing for the Cartoon Network brands from January 1st. Looking ahead to 2021, a new Batman movie will no doubt deliver a boost to the iconic brand.
Yesterday saw Warner Bros welcome licensees to Television Centre in West London to recognise a host of outstanding licensee achievements over the past 12 months. General manager of the Warner Bros Consumer Products division Rachel Wakely and her team gave out a selection of awards which saw several toy companies including Mattel, Lego, Wow Stuff and Asmodee among the winners.
The full list of recipients was:
- DC Product of the Year – Global Licensing
- Best Product Award, Classic Animation – Rubies (Scooby Doo dress-up)
- Wizarding World product of the Year – Lego
- TV Product of the Year – Brands In (Riverdale apparel)
- Vault Product of the Year – Paladone (It / Gremlins)
- Product Innovation of the Year – Wow Stuff (Invisibility Cloak)
- Marketing Activation of the Year – Mattel (exclusive Imaginext promotion with Smyths)
- Newcomer of the Year – Asmodee (Harry Potter Dobble)
- Licensee of the Year – Aykroyds / TDP