Women in Toys, Licensing and Entertainment (WIT) held its 14th annual Wonder Women Awards Gala on Sunday.
The 2018 WIT Wonder Women Awards Winners are:
- Wonder Woman Creator Inventor Award: Sydney Wiseman, WowWee
- Wonder Woman in Licensing Award: Menal McGrath, Moose Toys
- Wonder Woman in Manufacturing Award: Diana Young, Spin Master
- Wonder Woman in Marketing Award: Julie Powell Christopher, Entertainment One
- Wonder Woman in Public Relations Award: Susan Murphy, Coyne PR
- Wonder Woman Retailer Award: Cindy Levitt, Hot Topic
- Wonder Woman Rising Stars Ali Mierzejewski, The Toy Insider, and Stephanie Mendoza, Sesame Workshop
- Wonder Woman in Sales Award: Donna Moore, TTPM
WIT president Ashley Mady commented: “WIT is beyond proud of our new Wonder Women. Collectively, these powerhouse women lead a success story beyond the toy industry. In fact, WIT was just recognised by Nasdaq for the work our members contribute to overall business.”
In addition to the Wonder Woman Awards, WIT celebrated several honourees at their gala: Norma Rosenhain, Creata CEO with the Lifetime Achievement Award, Nancy Zwiers, EVP and Global CMO at Spin Master, with the Elise Lachowyn Mentorship Award, and the Wonder Girl Award was given to the Toys R Us President of Play, 12-year-old Ariana Gentry. WIT also presented scholarships to 10 deserving college students, made possible through the WIT Foundation’s Scholarship Programme.
2018 marked the second year of WIT’s Superhero Circle programme, which is a means to make personal donations in support of WIT’s programming, initiatives, and scholarship programme. WIT’s mission is funded through the support of its generous industry sponsors for 2018, including Mattel, Nickelodeon, Disney, Spin Master, Hasbro, Bandai Foundation, Jazwares, PlayMonster, and many others.
To learn about WIT’s 2018 annual Sponsorship opportunities and individual Superhero Circle donation programme, please click here.