The launch of season 2 in April will help develop the property.
Created as a 360° franchise, Yo-Kai Watch’s main pillars are the 3DS Nintendo game, the animated TV series and the toys. The toy line is distributed by Hasbro, while the anime generated peak TV ratings and the video game became one of Nintendo’s 2016 best-sellers.
Plans for this year include:
• Nintendo will release the new Yo-Kai Watch 3DS game on 7th April, which will be available in two versions: “Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits” and “Yo-Kai Watch: Fleshy Souls”.
• Season 2 of the TV series premiered on paid-TV last January in France and will be aired on free-TV starting from early spring. The 50 new episodes introduce new Yo-kai and a new version of the iconic Yo-kai. The programming agenda will also include an additional platform for the season 1 with a release on Netflix in July.
• Hasbro will release a new toy line including the brand new model of the Yo-kai Watch toy and new collectible medals equipped with the Yo-motion technology, allowing the projection of Yo-kai’s images. The first trading card game Yo-Kai Watch has been available available since last January in France and will launch in other European countries this spring.
• Wibble Wobble, a free-to-play mobile app will launch on iOS and Android this spring. Two other Yo-Kai Watch apps will also launch in July and October 2017.
• This summer will see a feature film debut, with the release of Yo-Kai Watch: The Movie.
• A strong street marketing plan will launch in September 2017 and unfold until the end of the year
Viz Media Europe and its licensing agents continue to build strong partnerships with key industry leaders to expand the universe of Yo-Kai Watch.