About the Company
James Galt & Company Limited is a brand leader of quality developmental and creative toy products. The company is enjoying strong growth and has recently incorporated in the USA.
Galt Toys are exported to over 50 countries and are renowned for their quality, safety, value for money, fun and educational integrity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Assurance Technologist.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the running of the QA department. Working between the warehouse based in Warrington and our head office, they will ensure the upkeep of the container delivery schedule and overseeing inbound deliveries and stock receipts.
They will also:
- Work closely with the Product Development team to provide expertise and guidance in all quality aspects of taking new products from idea through finished product design to manufacture.
- Work with suppliers in the UK and internationally on all quality matters instructing them as to their obligations and Galt’s expectations.
- Assist in maintaining a detailed technical file for each product.
- Perform internal safety assessments and liaise with independent testing laboratories to ensure product safety and compliance.
- Perform product inspections at the point of delivery in accordance with Toy Safety Standards and approved sealed samples, to ensure all products meet an acceptable quality level.
- Compile inspection reports and maintain records for all quality checks carried out at the point of delivery.
- Ensure that the product information database is kept up to date.
- Review product returns, identifying trends and escalate areas of concerns, working with suppliers on continual improvements and supporting the customer service department with technical responses.
- Provide feedback to internal team and suppliers on all quality issues
- Assist the UK and Export sales departments with technical file requests.
Ad hoc duties are required on a daily basis
The job description may be reviewed periodically in order to ensure that the duties meet the requirements of the role and to make any necessary changes.
The successful candidate will ideally be currently working at a Technologist Level and have a thorough understanding of UK Legislation relating to Toys, plus experience of working in a warehouse environment and a keen eye for detail.
Closing Date: Friday 30th September 2021
Location: North West, commuter distance between Cheadle, Cheshire and Warrington
Contact: Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org